Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I have my product categories display as the store home page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I have my product categories display as the store home page?

How do I have my product categories display as the store home page?
    When I click 'store' it displays all products from all categories (pic 1). It does not represent itself in the same was as the drop down menu Pic 2).
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

That is correct, the best way to really build a category page is to essentially make a page in wordpress, and put images and text where you like them and how you want them to look. Categories are single level groupings of products, so easy to just URL link directly to them, and creating your own category page is more flexible with most people in wordpress wanting to design their pages. We can build a page that does it, but ultimately everyone would want different columns, layouts, wording, text, no-text, etc. on how they design it.

If you are trying to drill-down to categories, that is not really how they work, they are more of a collection, so if you have a product in mens -> shirts -> t-shirts, it will pull up all mens cloths, then all shirts, then all t-shirts, not show categories for each one... that type of functionality would be something you would build using pages and your own linking to make it the way you need.

hope that helps.

Comment

It should be easy enough to create a customizable Categories page....just modify the "store" page and allow us to select the catergory we wish to display.

Comment

It is easy enough to build, we can even have a way to upload a graphic for each category, so you can display something there as well, but in the end, every theme is so different and whatever we design is really going to change for each user.

Our thought process was that if someone wants a category page, why not let you design it in wordpress and just use a URL link to each of them. Seems like the easiest thing to allow the user to do with just a URL coming into easycart.

We could build some shortcode to allow it on the store page, but in the end I think it would be a pain on our end as every user wants it displayed, tiled, titles, images different on every single website.

Comment

Hrm, I tried this , I made a page called "Store" put my category names on there, and made them link to my category pages, but obviously because the store page has the shortcode for the store ''[ec_store]'', this seems to then make every single page in the store, (for example the product pages) show the categories at the bottom of the page..... So I need to know how to just create a category page, and siplay the categories only on that page, not on every single page through-out the store?

Comment

You do need the store page with the shortcode [ec_store] and connect it in our basic setup page... but that doesn't mean you need to show it on the frontend or menu. So if you need a category page, just create a new wordpress page and have the images/link into the specific categories and show that on your frontend, not the store page.

Comment

Working...
            X