Accessing the Menu Widgets on the Sidebar of All Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing the Menu Widgets on the Sidebar of All Pages

I am creating a communications site using the wordpress theme Attitude. Included on this site is a catalog of marketing material which I am using the WPEasy cart plugin. I am having a problem with trying to display the menu widget on all of the catalog pages.

For instance, once I click on the store page, which is the Marketing Catalog Page, I am sent to the store in which my widget menus will display (I don't currently have it laid out this way but trust me it does). But once I click on an item from the store I have no way to navigate back to the main store page unless I click the back button or by clicking on the main menu of the theme (Attitude).

I have included all of the widgets (mini shopping cart, Top Level Menu filter, etc.) on all of the different sidebars, but I am only able to see them on the store page and not the other pages or categories of the store unless I have them at the footer.

I need for these menus to be accessible on the left or right column of the store at all times. Will you please advise how I can do that. I'm pulling my hair trying to figure this out.

Also, do you guys not answer the support tickets? I have sent maybe 5 regarding this and other issues dating back to early December and I have yet to receive a response - and it's included in the package we purchased.

Thank you for your help

Hello:

I think I remember these tickets... we always responded within 24 hours to your tickets, but unfortunately they always bounced back as undelivered and we couldn't get a hold of anyone... but regarding these sidebars, it's really a theme question. If your theme supports a sidebar on all it's pages, then the widget can go there... but if your pages are not setup to have a sidebar, then it won't show obviously.

The other thing to consider is that the products page uses an actual page, but the product details and menu categories of each use a custom post type. So your custom post type should have a theme attached to it, which needs to have a menu on it. If not, the theme developer might be able to help.

One thing we can suggest, is to try accessing a product while logged in as WordPress admin user. Then click the top admin toolbar and edit that post. This lets you access each individual product/post and set a template for it. While not an awesome solution, it does let you override what is the post type template to something with a sidebar.

Also, realize you can use wordpresss -> appearances -> menus and make custom menus however you like. You will find a 'Store Items' in there and you can make the menus a part of your theme... which is really a cool way to go.

hope that helps...

Comment

Hi and thank you for your response. I sent a request to the theme developer for assistance hoping to solve this problem with adding a menu on the sidebar of a post page.

However, following your instructions above to access the post as an admin to set the desired template, I was not able to do this as the option is not there. Is there another alternative? Code perhaps?

Comment

Yes, you are right, I just checked our theme, and it offers the ability to select what sidebars will show (left or right) and whether to show on pages or posts. I enabled them on the pages and posts on our theme and it shows the sidebars on our products... so it will depend on the theme that is being used.

The one we are using is the kriesi.at theme called Enfold... of course, many themes different on how they were built, so they would be the ones to discuss this with as to whether they support sidebars and where they support sidebars.

thanks

Comment

So we have been responding to your tickets every time and even CC'd in a trina and a linda @laborfinders.com and nobody has seemed to reply. My suggestion for further communication is to submit a ticket using a gmail account or yahoo account as your @laborfinders.com emails are obviously blocking all of our responses.

thanks

Comment

Hi, We received the reversal payment. Thank you. I did not get it but my co-worker Linda did. Also, I was able to get a response from the theme developer on the sidebars. Thank you for your response and I do apologize for the inability to connect to MY email.

Comment

Working...
            X