Base Responsive 6-23-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base Responsive 6-23-2014

I have finally had some time to get up to speed on the new features, or so I thought. I installed both the theme and the layout pack. I saved the Cart Progress Bar language options. But the text still doesn't appear on the progress bar. And the images I use for products lapped over their spaces and hid the product label that is printed under the images on the store page. I reverted to the 4-2-2014 version and the product images are back in their right places.

Any suggestions as to where I might look for the problems or solutions?

TIA.

Jon

could you post up a quick link to a product?

thanks

Comment

OK. I have reactivated the new layout/theme and re-saved the Cart Progress Language Bar and cleared the cache. Here is a sample of the overlapping problem.

http://edmontonhort.com/store/membership/

As you would expect, all three product displays should like the third one. Also see this one where it shows best:

http://edmontonhort.com/store/web-site/

You can use this last product to work your way through to the cart display pages if you need to.

I would prefer not to leave the layout/theme active for too long of course, as it affects all our products. So please let me know when you don't need it active anymore.

TIA.
      Jon

Comment

Two things you can try to add to your advanced options -> custom CSS.
        .ec_product .ec_product_images a {

• max-width: inherit;
        • max-height: inherit;
        • }

This will make the max height and width grow... but can cause some other display issues while tiling.
        .ec_product {

• overflow: inherit;
        • }
        This will allow them to overflow.

The problem with doing this is then the display can become very irradic as they try to tile downward... It's better to have the images locked into a dimension such as a max height and then make them all the same... We have them designed for square imagery, so photoshoping or other methods to make images work better gets a uniform look.

Comment

Yes, this works for the product pages. But I agree: I should photoshop them to be uniform.

The cart progress bar still does not show any text though. So I must be doing something wrong there in the set up. But what?

TIA.

Jon

Comment

You might try visiting the language editor and hitting save. Sometimes during an update, the language fields are put in the database, but you need to save the new values, and a simple save will do that sometimes... might be the solution, might not be it's important part of upgrading though.

Comment

I've done that several times. Well, I have to use the option that splits up the language sections, so I haven't re-saved everything, but I have saved the cart progress bar section several times and all the other cart-related sections at least once. Do I need to go through and save each section?

Comment

I'm guessing yes then you do need to go through and save each section...

Comment

Working...
                X