Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments allowed on all new product pages

Hi

I have 'Allow Comments' turned off for my shop page [ec_store] but now any new products I add has the comments section at the bottom of the page. All old products do not have the comments section! Any help as to why this is happening greatly appreciated,I do not want the comments section on any of the products. Many thanks in advance.

So the comments on a page or post is part of your theme... check with them to see if they have an option to turn off or disable for all posts and pages.

If they don't, there is some plugins on wordpress you can look for, they 'disable comments' on all pages and posts easily as well... good solutions.

thanks

Comment

Comments is turned off in my theme. Why does it appear at the bottom of some product descriptions but not others?
      Thanks

Comment

Well, it could be that you have comments off for pages, but not custom posts... I would try a plugin specifically for that to 'disable comments' across all pages and posts rather than rely on what the theme is doing if it's still showing at the bottom.

Comment

When you disable comments, it is only disabled for NEW posts. Any posts you made prior to this, will have comments enabled.
          If you do not want to install a plugin to fix this, then you can edit each of your store pages and disable the comments manually.
          Regular pages have the "edit page" button in the admin bar at the top, so those are easy, but custom post types, will not show up under pages and are hidden form you.

To view those you have to go to
          yourdomain.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=ec_store

then you will be able to view and edit all the store and cart and account pages, which will allow you to disable comments or get rid of the sidebar.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptObvious View Post
            When you disable comments, it is only disabled for NEW posts. Any posts you made prior to this, will have comments enabled.
            If you do not want to install a plugin to fix this, then you can edit each of your store pages and disable the comments manually.
            Regular pages have the "edit page" button in the admin bar at the top, so those are easy, but custom post types, will not show up under pages and are hidden form you.

To view those you have to go to
            yourdomain.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=ec_store

then you will be able to view and edit all the store and cart and account pages, which will allow you to disable comments or get rid of the sidebar.
            Thank you so much! This is highly annoying that comments are turned on for all of my products...and I couldn't find a way to turn them off (even with the disable plugin) until I read your post.

Comment

Working...
            X