Unable to Login to Admin Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Login to Admin Console

Since downloading the most recent version 1.2.5, I receive the following at login:

Communication Error

NetConnection.Call.BadVersion

This error usually occurs when you have typed in the wrong URL and the admin console can not reach the correct path to your site. There could also be a network problem occuring.

Do I need to remove/download the WP EasyCart software again? Thanks.

Sorry for late reply, we may have resolved via a support ticket already... But this is usually because you need to setup the /wp-easycart/connection/ec_conn.php file with the database connectivity settings.

thanks

Comment

???I'm having the same problem; am running Wordpress on MAMP. My database information is correct in ec_conn.php. Any ideas of what else might be causing the problem, or what information you need from me to diagnose? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquite_murph View Post
        Since downloading the most recent version 1.2.5, I receive the following at login:

Communication Error

This error usually occurs when you have typed in the wrong URL and the admin console can not reach the correct path to your site. There could also be a network problem occuring.

Do I need to remove/download the WP EasyCart software again? Thanks.
        I have the exact same issue and its really getting anoying. I got round it last time by deactivating then reatctivating the plugin However this does not sort it now. Please help ASAP as I now have a store I cannot use...

Also the imbedded admin just hangs and wont log in. just says automatically logging you in and does nothing else!

Mark
        Last edited by earthtiger; 11-14-2013, 03:03 AM. Reason: extra information

Comment

The current versions of EasyCart are now creating a new plugin folder called /wp-easycart-data that is solving all the update issues people are having with updates in wordpress. This new folder is essentially a duplicate of your /wp-easycart/connections, /wp-easycart/design, and /wp-easycart/products folders which house changing content.

The advantage is that this new /wp-easycart-data folder will never get removed. When you add a new product image, it will go into both locations. If you change a design, it should happen in this new /wp-easycart-data folder.

With that explanation, I bet you need to update the /wp-easycart-data/connection/ec_conn.php file. The newer versions are now looking at this location for that ec_conn.php file.

Comment

Originally posted by earthtiger View Post

I have the exact same issue and its really getting anoying. I got round it last time by deactivating then reatctivating the plugin However this does not sort it now. Please help ASAP as I now have a store I cannot use...

Also the imbedded admin just hangs and wont log in. just says automatically logging you in and does nothing else!

Mark
            Just like to say thanks to the tech support who in no time at all fixed my issues.. thank you!

Comment

• mesquite_murph
              mesquite_murph commented
              Editing a comment
              ditto that! Thanks!

Your welcome...

Comment

I'm having the same issue and I've confirmed the database connections match what wordpress is using in it's config file. The only difference is the name of the value that's being defined but the values are identical. I see others had the same issue even though their information matched. It's critical that I get this working this morning as I can't even add a product without this working. This a brand new install of the plugin, not an upgrade so I shouldn't be having issues with the console looking in more than one location for the connection file.

It also doesn't work with the standalone AIR admin either.
              Last edited by hraccoon; 11-19-2013, 11:02 AM.

Comment

To troubleshoot a store that is receiving the error:

Communication Error

I would go through the following steps:

1. Does this file exist: wp-content/plugins/wp-easycart-data/connection/ec_conn.php? If not, create from the ec_conn_sample.php
                2. Does the info in this file match that of your wp-config.php? If not, match it up.
                3. If at this point you still get the error above, you should use a program (or similar program) Service Capture (http://kevinlangdon.com/serviceCapture/). You can start this up, then try to connect. It should show any errors that are occurring in the calls to your server. Typically the error will be related to a missing file or a missing database field or table.

Typically this is as much troubleshooting as you will need to do.

Comment

Is this advice still relevant ? I cannot find e_conn.php or ec_conn_sample.php.

Comment

Working...
                  X