How to make store items load store-specific sidebar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make store items load store-specific sidebar

I created a page template in a wordpress child theme with a newly-registered sidebar (sidebar-store) so that I can have the WP EasyCart pages load the store page instead of the default page sidebar.

It works; The main store page loads the page template with the store-specific sidebar just fine. But the problem is that the store item pages load the default page sidebar.

How can I make the item pages also load on the custom store template instead of the default theme page template? See http://mindwhale.com/store/ and compare the sidebar with the sidebar that loads when you click an item.

What you'll need to do is one of two things:
    in store setup under advanced options, you turn OFF the "Use Custom Post Type Linking" option. The drawback to this is that it is less SEO friendly.

A relatively easy way to do this if you are more savvy is to make a copy of the template file you want to use and rename the file as single-ec_store.php . Remove the php code that designates it as a template (i.e. <?php
    /*
    Template Name: Store Page with Store Sidebar
    */
    ?>
    <?php)

Turn on "Use Theme Custom Post Template" in advanced settings, and now items should use the new file you created to display items.

Comment

Thanks! That worked.

Comment

Working...
      X