Temporarily closing shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporarily closing shop?

Is it possible to close the store temporarily? I can't seem to find this option in the settings. I'm going away for 2 weeks in June and can't accept any orders during that time. I need to close the shop temporarily. How do I do this please? Thanks.

I previously set up a client's store to do this previously. (I'm sure there's an easier way out there, this is just all I had at the time)

Client Objectives:
    1) Let the customer know they going to be out of town for a week and their orders weren't going to be shipped.
    2) Keep the store "open" so that they could still take orders during that time. (If their customers were ok with waiting the extra week the client would be gone.)

My Setup:
    1) Using a maintenance mode plugin for Wordpress, lock the main site and any store landing pages with a "maintenance" page to provide the notification to the customer. It basically said (paraphrasing), "We're a family owned and operated business, we're going to Disneyworld for a week and won't be answering questions or shipping orders during that time. IF you're ok with waiting a week longer for your order, click the link below to be taken to our store."
    2) Set up a bypass link that allows the customer into your store using an alternate URL. I did this using Coming Soon Pro by SeedProd (linked below, no affiliation), but there are others out there.
    3) Export your product list and edit the "allow_backorder" setting to "1" and the "backorder_fill_date" setting to the date you'll be coming back.
    4) Re-upload your products to the site.

5) When you get back, repeat steps 3/4 in the opposite order to turn backordering off and resume normal operation.

Customers can still add the products, still check out, and still give you their money. They will have been notified multiple times that they're not going to get their product on the normal time schedule and still chose to give you their money anyway.
    SeedProd is the best WordPress coming soon plugin. Capture leads before your site goes live or while in Maintenance Mode. Super easy to setup and use.

Comment

Another option is to simply go to easycart admin -> advanced settings and you can turn on catalog mode... this removes all the add to cart and checkouts, but they can still see products as a user... perhaps a banner that says 'be back shortly, browse our catalog'

The above suggestion is also great though as well.

Comment

Working...
      X