Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to export ALL orders to Excel, including pending orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to export ALL orders to Excel, including pending orders?

Hi folks,

We export the orders from EasyCart to be able to do reporting on order data ??? how many of a given product have been ordered, what options have been selected on said products, aggregate statistics on the orders and products, and so on. This info is critical in allowing us to fulfill the promises we make to our customers, so I'm glad that EasyCart allows us to export the order data to Excel to do this reporting.

However we have just discovered that EasyCart is only exporting data from orders that aren't in a "pending" status. That is, only orders where payment has been confirmed seem to be getting included in the .xls file. Orders where payment is pending ??? for instance, orders made by customers who opt to pay by cheque or Interac e-Transfer, and we are just awaiting their payment ??? are getting totally ignored in the report.

Pending orders are just as important to us as any other order. We've set aside product inventory for those customers, and it's critical that our reporting accurately reflects that.

How can we make sure EasyCart is exporting ALL orders to Excel, and not just the ones that have payment confirmed?

Thanks very much,
    Paul

I will have a look at this, maybe the excel orders we can spit out all orders, even pending because in there you can do your own calculations... I know the PDF export we wanted just what was confirmed, so maybe we need to switch that... I will have a look and see if we can do that on the next update.

Comment

Thank you. Looking forward to the next release.

Comment

Hi there @jjones,

So this is becoming a fairly serious issue for us. The reason we need to have an accurate list of orders on export (including pending orders) is because each order represents inventory that has been reserved for our customers. We use the spreadsheet to calculate how many of every given product has been ordered to date. Products are all delivered at once on specific days (we are a farm), and some customers don't pay for their product until they pick it up in person. Once they do pay, that's when we change the status of their order in EasyCart to say that they've paid. But their product was set aside well before they paid.

We switched to EasyCart from WooCommerce because WooCommerce's inventory management didn't behave properly for our needs. Inventory wasn't reduced at the right time in WooCommerce. In EasyCart, inventory is reduced immediately when the order is placed, which is perfect for us and has put us at ease. However, we need to see that reflected in the exported list of orders so that we know how many of each product to pack in our delivery truck (for customers who've already paid, as well as customers who haven't paid).

Anything you can do to help us out would be fantastic.

Cheers,
        Paul

Comment

sorry about this, I have added this as of today and we will be releasing an update today that has this in it... ALL order statuses will export to the excel dump, the PDF report will still be confirmed orders since it is totalling things up there... There is a column in the excel file for order status, which is an ID of the order status, so you will need to match that up...

Comment

Hi jjones, that's fantastic. So if I apply the current update on the WP Plugins admin screen, it will have this update in it?

Comment

Hi again jjones,

Well it seems that indeed yes, the latest update did fix this issue! Thank you so much, it's greatly appreciated.

However, one thing that seems to have changed in the exported spreadsheet is the "advanced_product_options" column (the last one); it's now empty since I installed the latest update. We rely on this column to have the product options that were selected for each product. Unfortunately we can't really operate the business with that column blank.

Could you check this out for us please?

Thanks so much,
              Paul

Comment

Just an update???

This is actually pretty critical for us right now. We need to email all our customers who chose a specific product option (a delivery dropoff location ??? and not the customers who didn't choose that option) shortly to give them adequate notice that we will be doing a delivery dropoff there soon.

So I wonder if you could answer whether you be able to fix this problem shortly, or if we will have to come up with an alternate way to discover who these customers are?

Thanks again, sorry for the hassle??? I've been a developer rushing to fix customers' critical software issues myself, I know how it is??? plus it's summer??? sorry!

Comment

I believe our last update is now exporting all orders, including pending to excel. The PDF order export still only does approved orders as it totals them as well, but I did adjust this in latest update... can you please confirm here? thanks

Comment

Hi jjones,

Yes, like I said above, I installed the update (3.2.27) and pending orders were exported fine. We're not using the PDF export.

What we need fixed now is what I described above on Monday, July 11, about the advanced_product_options column (column EB in the spreadsheet) being blank since I installed version 3.2.27:

I've come up with an interim solution that involves exporting the ec_order_option table from MySQL and merging that data into the spreadsheet using some clever spreadsheet lookup and filter functions. I need to repeat this additional export every time I export the data to Excel. It's a hassle but it's pretty critical for our operations, so I really had no choice.

Thank you,
                    Paul
                    Attached Files
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

So I investigated this against my test server, and my advanced options were showing in that column on export with my sample data... I am thinking you might want to submit a support ticket, so we can get login information, and this way we can troubleshoot what is occurring, likely within your data there... thanks

Comment

Hi jjones,

So, I was just about to submit a support ticket, but then I tried the export again today, and it worked fine. Who knows what was going on.

On the topic of support, however, if I did have a problem that required opening a ticket, on my wpeasycart.com account page it seems to be telling me that I have to pay $100 to have that ??? some Premium Support service. Can you tell me if this is really true? I need to pay $100 to have a support agent investigate an issue, even though I paid for EasyCart?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X