"Missing" Order ID's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Missing" Order ID's

I've got a client that I installed EasyCart for and they were asking why there were a couple of missing order id's? They were wondering if they missed those orders.

Looking at the database, it seems like the REAL id for orders (to be displayed on the admin page) should be orderdetail_id.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

So there could be several reasons the order ID is skipping, it could be that the order gets submitted, then there is an address verification error, or failure in the payment, it may submit the order, but then fail and delete that order reference until it's processed again. The Order ID's are nothing more than the auto increment field in the ec_order table as it moves forward in the incrementing process. Nothing to worry about in the missing or skipping numbers though.

Comment

Yeah, I figured that's what it was. I was just curious why orderdetail_id wasn't used in the Admin console?

Comment

order details ID is only used to attach that to the order in a relational database... the order ID is the critical single order #... The details ID just has to be unique.

Comment

Working...
        X