Digital Products: Making them downloadable and removing shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Products: Making them downloadable and removing shipping

I would like to set up my store mainly for downloadable digital products. I don't see any settings for this. I would like to edit the order confirmation emails or something of that nature so that there is a secure download link/attachment in the purchase process for buyers and having the store setup reflect the digital, downloadable nature of the products instead of having quantities and "free" shipping. Any insight into how to do this would be appreciated!

Downloads are very easy to make, and quite customizable:

1. You edit a product and there is a menu when editing on the right for 'Downloads' and this is where you select if the product is a download and you upload your file. If you have more than one file in your download, simply use a .zip file for it and upload.
    2. You can also establish how many days it's available for download AND/OR how many times it can be downloaded for security purposes, or you can default them to unlimited.
    3. You can also setup the weight of the product to be 0 (zero) so that no shipping is applied. If you plan to only sell downloads, you can go into the EasyCart Admin -> Store Setup -> Basic settings and simply turn shipping off globally and it won't even appear in the customers cart.

When someone purchases a download AND the order is confirmed, the user will see a download link in their account when they view their order. We only provide the link in this location that way we can track how many times they downloaded it, when they download, etc... In case you have those security measures in place.

We also do not provide a link in the email because people can easily pass that around and people get illegal downloads easily. At least from their account, they must be logged in and we can track when and who it is that downloaded. If they ever cross their download limits or call and need to have it unlocked, you can do so in the easycart admin -> orders -> manage downloads area and reset their limits.

As for customizing emails, you can do this directly in the design file, OR, you can simply edit it using the advanced langauge editor. EasyCart Admin -> Store Setup -> Language Editor. Simply let customers know they can get their download by logging into their account on your website, even provide them a link to go there...

Hope that helps.

Comment

Do you provide variants / product options for digital downloads? For instance, selling an ebook in various formats PDF, MOBI, KINDLE , etc and offering a digital file for each variant? I'm looking for this feature, thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X