EasyCart Did Collect Sales Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EasyCart Did Collect Sales Tax

I have setup to collect 6.75% sales tax in North Carolina (NC) state on my tax setting page (please see my attachment 1), but sometimes when a customer bought products from this state, the EasyCart system did not collect sales tax (as you can see from my second attachment) when customer check out. Could you please help me find out what's wrong with my setting? Thanks!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

If you go into wordpress admin -> easycart admin -> advanced settings. There is an option to turn on countries and states as Drop Downs. This is critical if you need validated data, and maybe it's turned off, meaning someone could type in North Carolina, which is not NC, an iso approves 2 digit code and what is being looked for... Some countries like open ended text boxes, but if you use API's like shipping or taxes, then they usually want validated 2 digit codes.

Comment

jjones,

Thanks for the response. I check my Advance Setting, and found that I have set both Yes for the country and state drop downs. Pls see my attached screenshot 1. When I tried to make a testing purchase, on the checkout details page, I do see the country block has a drop down icon, but state block doesn't, you have to double click that block to see the state lists, pls see my attached screenshot 2.

I also found an interesting thing. When I make the tax setting (at Store Admin - Mange Taxes), I selected the State from Taxable State or Province drop down menu, I selected North Carolina, added tax percentage, clicked save, it automatically saved it as NC - which is our state 2 digit name and it's correct. In my test purchase in the store, when I typed the state as NC, the tax is charged, but if I selected from the drop down menu as North Carolina, the tax is not collected.

Please advise how to fix this?

Originally posted by jjones View Post
      If you go into wordpress admin -> easycart admin -> advanced settings. There is an option to turn on countries and states as Drop Downs. This is critical if you need validated data, and maybe it's turned off, meaning someone could type in North Carolina, which is not NC, an iso approves 2 digit code and what is being looked for... Some countries like open ended text boxes, but if you use API's like shipping or taxes, then they usually want validated 2 digit codes.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

interestin, in that graphic, the state should be a pulldown list, but it's a text area? You should log into www.wpeasycart.com -> My Account and submit a support ticket so we can get logged into your site and see what is happening. Is your plugin all updated?

Comment

Yes, the state block is a text area, but if you double click, it will show a drop down state list. My plugin is the latest version. I am going to submit a ticket.

Comment

Working...
          X