False Credit Card Approvals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Credit Card Approvals

Wondering if anyone else has suffered these problems. First, all of the sudden I would see orders in my system, but wasn't getting paid the next day by my processor. So I went to the merchant processor website (First Data), and it showed the charge as "Declined". However, Easy Cart interpreted the results that came back as "Approved" and sent the customer a receipt. Needless to say, the customer gets ticked when I call and tell him his order actually didn't go through.

Then, while I tried to work this out as between Easy Cart and First Data (each blaming the other), I temporarily disabled MasterCard in the payments section. On the checkout, it only shows Visa and AMEX as the accepted cards. Except the next customer comes along, enters his MasterCard, and instead of rejecting it, Easy Cart processes the payment, tells the customer it's approved, and I still don't get paid.

If anyone has suffered this issue, did you fix it? If not, anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? These customers who tried with MasterCard aren't re-submitting their orders, so this has cost me at least $1k in sales so far. Will have to find a new cart if I can't get this fixed.

Hello:

sorry you are having trouble with firstdata gateway... we try not to blame anyone as to whose fault some bug or problem may be, so if you like, please send me the ticket # and I can look at the history, perhaps have a look and shed some light on what is happening. Of course if we can't control the other end of the software, like a gateway, it may be something that needs to be resolved on their end, but at least I can confirm or look further into it...

thanks

Comment

I am having this same issue. The order was went through wp easy cart and and shows card approved. First Data is showing the card was declined. Is the issue with easy cart or first data?

Comment

This issue was resolved in a later update...

Comment

Working...
        X