Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Generate email Receipts

Hi,

Though I'm not getting answers to my questions here, I couldn't find a better place to get the answers.

Well, my customers are unable to receive automated receipts when they buy something at my store. I have to do it manually by checking the records from admin panel and send them a receipt. is this optional available if so how to achieve that? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

There are a few things to look at and consider:

First, are your orders becoming approved? Payment types of Direct Deposit or orders that stick in Third Party Pending are not complete and because of this you have to approve the order by switching the order status to trigger emails to send out. Until then the order is not considered completed.

If this is not the case, the the issue is likely with your email setup. Go to WP EasyCart -> Settings -> Email and two options. The option that typically works best is to use WordPress email system AND install the PostMan SMTP plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-smtp/) and configure that. This simplifies things as you only have to look at one point to figure out email issues across your whole site. Once enabled with SMTP, emails are sent directly from your mail server and are far less likely to be blocked by an email system or sent to spam. The other option is to setup SMTP within the EasyCart plugin on the email setup screen.

The last thing to check is if you are blacklisted: https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx -- If you are, your emails will never get to your customers.

Comment

Hi Matt,

Thanks for helping me out, i resolved the issue of sending mail, there is something I'm having issue with,

>> while I'm sending the email receipt the subject for the email is coming as WordPress, while using Global Email System as wordpress, can you let me know the way to change that subject to info@mycompanyname.com.

>> I need to send product short description as well in the receipt, how to fetch and show that information.

Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by danniel; 06-25-2018, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Currently our sytstem does not allow all product details such as short descriptions be loaded into the shopping cart email at this time. Some necessary information such as product titles, model numbers, pricing are there for receipt purposes, but not everything at this point... thank you

Comment

Also, for the email subject lines, you can use this format

John Doe<johndoe@email.com>

These can go in the settings -> email setup for orders and accounts, and it will change the name of the sender to your standard text rather than 'WordPress' as the sender.

Comment

Working...
          X