Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import/export option sets with product import/export?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import/export option sets with product import/export?

I've done some digging and found this forum post: http://forums.wpeasycart.com/forum/e...te-option-sets but it's very old, and doesn't answer the question about import/export.

I'm setting up a large product catalog. Given the large quantity of items in the product catalog, I am using the import/export CSV functionality to build up the product catalog. Many of the products have minor variations that fit almost (but not quite) perfectly into the option set functionality... BUT... I don't see anything in the CSV layout other than a reference to the option set ID that is used (the column labeled "option_id_1"). There's nothing I can see where that referenced option set is defined.

Have I missed something in the CSV export? Is this a feature that diesn't yet exist? Or?

1. Basic Option Sets - If you are using this, basic option ids are added in option_id_1, option_id_2, etc... These IDs are found in the WP EasyCart -> Products -> Option Sets. I see as I am reviewing this that the IDs are not visible in the list, we will add this in the next update. To find the option id now, just click edit on the option set (or hover and view the link) and get the option_id from the URL in your browser.

2. Advanced Option Sets - We currently do not show this in the export as it is stored outside of the product. We will add an update to the export to include advanced option ids in a comma separated list that will allow you to update or add through the import/export feature. For example adding 3,4 would add options 3 and 4 to a product.

Comment

"2. Advanced Option Sets - We currently do not show this in the export as it is stored outside of the product. We will add an update to the export to include advanced option ids in a comma separated list that will allow you to update or add through the import/export feature. For example adding 3,4 would add options 3 and 4 to a product."

Did this ever happen?

Comment

Yes, this did... if you enter a few products and then export them to excel CSV, check out the last column, it contains a comma delimited field of advanced option ID's...

Comment

Working...
        X