Coupons in email receipt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupons in email receipt?

Do coupon codes or promotional codes used appeared in email confirmations and receipts? If not, how do you implement that?

Thanks!

No, email receipts do not show coupon codes... order confirmation emails do not show a lot of order data, and one common mistake some small businesses do is try to fulfill or complete orders using order receipts. A store owner should always go to the wordpress admin -> order management area for wp easycart. Here you see all the data for an order, including coupon codes, discounts, taxes, order statuses, payment statuses, acknowledgement of terms, order notes, option sets, and a lot of other relevant data that the email receipt may not fully show.

Comment

Originally posted by jjones View Post
      No, email receipts do not show coupon codes... order confirmation emails do not show a lot of order data, and one common mistake some small businesses do is try to fulfill or complete orders using order receipts. A store owner should always go to the wordpress admin -> order management area for wp easycart. Here you see all the data for an order, including coupon codes, discounts, taxes, order statuses, payment statuses, acknowledgement of terms, order notes, option sets, and a lot of other relevant data that the email receipt may not fully show.
      So, I see what you are saying -- but you shouldn't dictate how a small business owner does their workflow. Of course, I'd prefer our client to login to do this. But sometimes, that's unrealistic.

Most shopping carts for Wordpress support a variety of customizations to add items like this via PHP. So far, I've seen a lot of standard items are really painful to try and implement via WP "EasyCart" compared to say WooCommerece. And frankly, that's causing me to rethink if it's a good fit. Like, where is reporting? The support article on it goes to a 404 >> https://docs.wpeasycart.com/section/reports/

So, how would you best update the receipt if you wanted to include this data? is there a hook to include in a custom email template file ... or is it simply impossible?

Comment

Looks like matt just got the coupon code in on the email receipt... newest update should contain this.

You can do a custom template of all the php files, this makes it easy to create your own template file. http://blog.wpeasycart.com/easycart-...s-and-layouts/

When you create a custom layout file, you can still update the plugin, very similar to how wordpress child themes work. Just look through the layout files, they are well named, and the email one is very obvious.

Comment

Working...
        X