Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupon applying to too many products

Hello,
    I have set up a coupon called FreeMMShip. It is only to be applied to one product (bumper sticker). Yet if a person buys the bumper sticker then buys my SOUL Food cards (where I need to charge shipping).. if they apply the coupon, it has now eliminated shipping for the product I need to charge for. My website is MagnificenceMine.com http://magnificencemine.com/store/

I have selected both products to allow shipping
    I selected the coupon code to only go to the bumper sticker
    what am I missing here?

Is there another way to make this happen?? the SOUL Food cards are 15 oz. The bumper sticker is a little heavier than a sheet of paper. Right now I have my shipping set to quantity because I have not been successful in setting this up for weight. It would be very helpful to share my screen and have someone guiding me through this process. I really want to be SUCCESSFUL here
    Nadine drnadine111@gmail.com 970-443-2541

There is a setting where you can decide if coupons can be applied toward shipping charges, or not (ie only to products).
    I do not use coupons, but I'm pretty sure I saw that option somewhere, recently.
    Hope this helps..

I'm trying to find where that setting is - it does not jump out to me in the documentation.
    I just tried logging into my admin to see if I could find it that way..and I cannot login :-(
    Dunno if it's because I just replaced my router, or what. But I cannot get in at all !!

If I am able to resolve My Issue tonight, I'll look around for that setting for you.
    Last edited by Sheryl; 09-04-2015, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks Sheryl, I discovered that while I might say the coupon applies to one product, it actually gets applied to the entire cart. So I have had to rethink my approach.

Best of luck with your login

Comment

So the way coupons work is that if that item is found to be in the cart, then it applies a coupon to the shopping cart total, it's not just a coupon to that one individual item... so for example, buy item X, receive 15% off your order is how it would work.

Comment

I would like the coupon to only apply to the product for which it is issued. I certainly don't get a coupon applied to my total purchase at the grocery store! If that would work, I would find the best coupon I could, say 50% off, and get my entire shopping cart at 50% off. What a Deal!

Comment

Working...
          X