rearrange products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rearrange products

I have been busy adding products to my store, however, now that I am looking back on it, I would like to be able to rearrange the order that they are shown on the store front page. This is probably a stupid and easy fix, but how can I move the order of how they are shown on the page rather than the order of how I added them??

Sure, first, go into the easycart admin -> advanced options section and make sure you turn ON 'Use Custom Post Type method'. This will make each category, and store page be a seperate post type.

Now, you can visit your frontend store page of products while logged into the wordpress admin and you will notice you get a sidebar for designing columns and such, plus you should see a 'reorder products' button on there. this allows you to simply drag products around in order you want.

Comment

Very cool !
      But in the future could we maybe rearange one category in "title A-Z", another "by price", and a third categroy by "Default Product Sort"?
      And in the "Manually arrange product" could we have the table rearranged style (by arrow when we have a lot of products it's very long...)?
      Thanks !
      Last edited by ADS; 06-22-2016, 03:54 AM.

Comment

all good ideas and something we can improve on... one thing to remember is that if you setup in the easycart admin -> basic settings the default sort order changed to something other than 'default sort order', you can no longer manually override them... You are specifically setting it to price or to title if you set it in the basic settings. Manually sorting and reordering on the front end only works if it's set to 'default sort order'.

Comment

Hi all,
          Do we already have the option that ADS suggested earlier? To have one category use sort "title A-Z", another "by price", and a third category "Default Product Sort"

Comment

Currently no, you can set a default, but it applies to all the categories... AND setting a default sort method will overwrite any manual sorting you do on a category...

Comment

Is this still an option? I would like to reorder items in a category but can't seem to find the advanced settings. Can you please help?
              Thanks,
              Pam

Comment

Originally posted by pamball View Post
                Is this still an option? I would like to reorder items in a category but can't seem to find the advanced settings. Can you please help?
                Thanks,
                Pam
                Check this could be helpful
                EasyCart offers a wide selection of shortcodes which can easily be added on any page through our shortcode editor. All you need to do is click the tiny cart icon in the toolbar of your page editor (image below). Store Shortcode The store shortcode is a simple way to add the ec_store shortcode to any page. Nothing custom to add for this item. Categories Shortcode This shortcode allows you to show all featured categories OR pick a parent category and show that categories children. This will show categories as a list of product like elements. Category View Shortcode This shortcode allows you to show all featured categories OR pick a parent category and show that categories children. This shortcode works best if you add a description and image to the featured or children categories that will be displayed and works best if you have 3 layers of categories. For example,???

Comment

Working...
                X