Maximum Quantity by Product, not product option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum Quantity by Product, not product option

I have a product that has two options (red and blue). I need customers to be limited to ordering no more than 1000 quantity of this item. What is happening, though, is that it is limiting it to 1000 red and 1000 blue, a total of 2000. I want it to limit the product itself to 1000, not 1000 of each option. I have only one product in the store, so if there is a store-wide setting, I can make that. Thank you for your help.

So the easycart system does have a maximum quantity piece, but that is for the entire product, not per option. We do have advanced option quantity tracking, if you use a basic option system. This lets you specify how many blue and how many red you have in stock, but it doesn't limit the maximums, so we can only track if they go over the amount in stock, not the maximum they have.

The reason for not limiting maximums very much is most people now know that anyone can easily just place multiple orders over and over again with new accounts, send to friends, etc... so it's not really any good way to truly limit someone.

Comment

Working...
    X