Address Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address Issue

I am running the trial version and trying to get as many pieces worked out as I can.

One problem that I have run into is addresses. I managed to get one mock order completed, but now, I am having trouble with addresses. Specifically, the state (province, here in Canada). I just can not get it to take in an order or in setting the billing or ship to addresses for a user account.

If I do not enter anything for the state, I get prompted "Please enter your State". If I do enter something, I get the same message. Unless I do not enter a country first; then, I get "Please select your Country". When I select a country, it does not mattter if I select Canada or the USA.

I do not know what I did differently. I used my home address just like with the first mock order that worked. I format my address in a standard way.

What is going on, please?

Can you post a url so we can look at it?

Comment

No, because I have not gotten to the point of making things visibile to end users yet. I was operating as an admin to see how things would look. I also have the issue of not having my data installed anymore. (I have a thread asking about how to restore data.)

Comment

Only way to help now is for you to submit a support ticket with our secure form on our website, perhaps we can help that way...

Comment

Well, I have created more test data. I am going to try getting things more set up and then have another whack at it later.

Comment

So now I have the store in the menu at ridenorthamerica.com. I ran into the province issue again.

BUT I figured out what it was. I run with JavaScript disabled for most sites. When I enabled cloudflare.com, the order worked.

I consider this a bug. Shouldn't it fail to allowing manual input if it can not get the drop-down? I do not know enough about WordPress yet to know if this would be an EasyCart issue or not, but failing with no useful error message does not look good.

Comment

We consider javascript necessary... it should be turned on as about 99% of the world would have.

Comment

You are not considering people who run such software as NoScript to protect their systems from unscrupulous people. I have no problem enabling for legitimate URLs, but first, I have to know which ones they are. Perhaps, the point could be made, just like one of your videos video which stated that with EasyCart, Wordpress's Settings - Permalink Settings - Post name should be set on.

Comment

Working...
                X