Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Three Pages, Possible EasyCart Bug

This may be an EasyCart bug.

I am working with the trial version and trying to handle as many issues as possible.

The three pages that are set up is a bit of a problem for me. We already have an Account page. I do not want to change anything elsewhere as I just inherited the site.

I chose my three pages to be "Test EasyCart *". (For "*", replace with each of the three default names.) I can even set this in EasyCart Admin and save it, but if I create using that, it creates a page of the default name and resets the name to the default.

So I am a little unclear when you mention this part ' it creates a page of the default name and resets the name to the default.' Not really sure what is meant to be said here... maybe an example url to look at?

Comment

Go to EasyCart Admin -- Store Setup. Basic Setup supposedly allows one to set up the three pages with names of one's own choice.

Rather than create a page of the name I specified -- for example, "Test EasyCart Account" -- the setup creates a page called "Account" and then resets the name of the page to create to "Account" (or maybe it does it the other way around). I can manually create an Account page called "Test EasyCart Account", but I do not think that I should have to. Why allow the page name to be specified if the name will just be ignored?

This is an issue, because we already have a non-EasyCart page called Account.

Comment

Ah, I see... so we offer a quick button there that creates the page, adds the shortcode, and then puts it in the combo box... OR you can simply use the combo box and select your own page you created for the account and save... but you should add the shortcode yourself to the page [ec_account]. that is all that is needed. If you hit the create page, then it will make a new one and call it account... but you can just select yours from the combo and hit save for those 3 pages... don't hit the create page button... it's just making a new page when you do that.

Comment

Yes, but it is not making the pages specified. If it is not going to allow that, then why have the options to select the pages?

Comment

Hello:

not sure I really understand then... If you create your own pages, they should show up in that pulldown, just select them and save it... all this process is doing is letting easycart know what the 3 pages will be and tie them together... IF you wanted to use a single button, easycart will create pages and add the shortcode to them as well...

if something is not working for you, you might submit a support ticket and we can take a look. thanks

Comment

But they don't. Sure, I can create those pages with the settings. If I then try to recreate the pages using that option (as I might expect to do if retrying a setup), the default pages are created and the pages specified are set to the default.

I have since reorganised to use the defaults, but this was a bit of trouble that really was not necessary.

Comment

Working...
              X