Confirmation page not sent to admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmation page not sent to admin

Since March confirmation email on new orders have not been received. Running all of the updates up to Easycart 3.0.29 Wordpress 4.42, has not help. We have no child themes, no custom CSS. Site is hosted on Godaddy. The buyer receives the confirmation order so I know the emails are going out okay on Eacycart. I'm stuck please help.

SOLVED. I reenter in the same email in the Basic Settings >>Admin Email Address field and was able to receive the confirmation receipt. I assume the file might've been corrupted somehow during one of the upgrade. When in doubt just reenter the field.

Comment

One thing I noticed about the email in the basic settings is the spacing must be there if you use the descriptive email method.

YourName<email@gmail.com>

Notice there is no space after YourName. We have found several systems not sending emails because of a space there... just worth mentioning.

Comment

I replied to quickly. I changed the spacing between the name and email address. It work for one order but then the confirmation email stop sending to the admin. Back to the drawing board.

Comment

for the admin emails, don't put a your name<email@gmail.com> at all, just put an email address only, no spaces before or after... no reason to have a name driven email since that is just the email it is going to... I find that it's almost always a good idea to use an smtp plugin in wordpress. postman SMTP is a good plugin and then you start using authenticated email that get sent out and it's much more reliable.

Comment

Working...
          X