No announcement yet.

export/import or duplicate option sets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• export/import or duplicate option sets?

Is there a way to export/import option sets similar to the product export/import? (sweet option by the way!) Or is there a way to duplicate an option set?

I have several products that share the same size options, but require different weights for the shipping. Recreating it for each product is a depressing thought. Can you cheer me up?

I am working on a way to duplicate option sets, so you can easily recreate one, make an adjustment and be done... we don't have an importer for them. I know I often use mysql editor to simply edit the table directly which is fairly easy if you are familiar with easycart...

Comment

That sounds great! Of course you know my next question...so when do you think you will have it?

Comment

ha, working on it... give it a few months I want to get V4 out, it may be included in that release if I get some time!

Comment

I'm happy to get in the database. Do you mind providing a little direction?

I assume I add a new entry in the ec_option table for the new option set and new option_id. Then duplicate records for the particular option_id in the ec_optionitem table and change the option_id to the new option_id.

Anything else I need to do?

Thanks!

Comment

You are correct, the ec_option table runs the main option choice and setup, then the ec_optionitem table just runs the individual choices... associated with the option_id of course.

Comment

Working...
            X