Selling Memberships for a non-profit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Memberships for a non-profit

On our website we are using WP-EasyCart to sell both merchandise and memberships. I originally thought about using the Subscription feature, but that seems to require the use of the 3rd party service Stripe. It doesn't seem that Subscriptions will work because the Lifetime memberships don't renew. Also, I think it is going to end up being too complicated for the volunteer non-technical Membership "secretaries" to figure out. As an end-run, I have tried to set up each of our six memberships as Products, but that isn't working out so well. One problem is that Memberships don't need inventory tracking, another is that we we are only selling one at a time so we don't need to display a quantity selector. Finally, I am not sure how to turn off the taxes that are showing up the Memberships when they land in the Shopping Cart. Taxing stuff seems to be an all or nothing feature.

For informational purposes, we sell 6 types of memberships:

Individual Yearly First-time,
    Individual Yearly Renewal,
    Individual Life-time,
    Family Yearly First-time,
    Family Yearly Renewal,
    Family Lifetime

Is there as way to tweek the WP-EasyCart system to handle our membership paradigm, or should look elsewhere for a special Membership plug in?

Jonathan

Hello:

So you can easily go into the product and edit it and under advanced listing options there is a check box to enable/disable that product as taxable... should fix that issue.

As for tracking inventory, you don't need to use it. Just enter something like 5000 for the quantity you have in stock, go to advanced quantity options and make sure quantity tracking is off. You can use CSS to hide the quantity selector on the front end.

Comment

jjones,

Thanks!! That seems to have done it for the tax and the quantity tracking issues. Using CSS to hide the quantity selector (and associated buttons) is not so straight forward, as it seems that whatever I do to make the membership quantity disappear in the Shopping Cart view will also make the counter for any items from the Store disappear as well. However, I'll worry about that later. You knocked out the critical issues for me.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Comment

Working...
      X