Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User Role Pricing overrides Option Sets!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Role Pricing overrides Option Sets!!

Ok, here's my situation. I have a product on my page that is available in 3 pack sizes (single/3-pack/6pack), and is available to regular (retail) users and wholesale users. Wholesale users get a 50% discount.

I set up the item, advanced option set items with override pricing. (single, 3/pack, and 6 pack)

I also setup the user role pricing on the item, however there is no way (that I can see) to set a percentage discount for a user role. I set the base item discounted price for the wholesale user role, however this overrides any option set the user selects, even if the price is higher.

What am I missing? Do I need to setup individual items for each pack size? (This would be very messy and not very user/admin friendly!)

Problem: Coupons are not limited by user role, either. So if a dealer decides to leak a coupon to a coupon site like retailmenot, I would be stuck with the fallout.

Comment

So you are correct, user role pricing is only at the product pricing level right now. for us to build a system that has role pricing at option levels, coupon levels, shipping levels, etc. means we are really building 2 entirely different stores for the retail and wholesale users... which would be cool, but I always remember to tell myself it's only an $80 dollar plugin If this was enterprise level software, we would have a team of developers and money to build it to do just that.. but it's not unfortunately!

What I always do with my clients who need 2 very different and flexible wholesale/retail stores is simply run 2 easycarts. It provides the most flexible solution rather than trying to run one store and turn it into 2 stores. user role pricing works great if you need separate pricing on the products, but after that, (shipping, coupons, promotions, even design and looks are often different) for wholesalers, it's best to simply run 2 wordpress sites with 2 easycarts installed. Then you have full control over each and not limited.

Comment

Not sure if this feed is the same topic I am inquiring about. I have created an option set that allows to choose 4 different items with 4 prices. I now need a second option set that allows the user to choose 1 of 12 items, each item will give specific discount. (Ex: Jan=10% price adj, Feb=20% price adjust, March=30% price adjust) etc....
        Last edited by floridashaughn; 04-19-2019, 04:59 AM.

Comment

So for instance, if we do sell a VIP subscription - those VIPs get their own separate space - which we can add a new cart to... How do we protect this site from being leaked out? Does the cart require a sign-in to access this separate area? Do we have to pay for a second installation if on the same site if we've bought a premium subscription of the original cart?

Comment

So if you sell a subscription, then you would verify the user and then do what you need to with their account... You can use our store and offer pricing different for these users by creating user roles (wholesalers, tier 1 buyers, whatever) and then offer all your same products at a different pricing level.

IF you need further things, such as user role discounts, coupons, shipping, taxes, etc... then you really would want a different store all together. Our system does not offer a full break down of each component into each user role... that would be an enormous undertaking really for this type of plugin... Best solution here would be to simply run a different store.... lots of users will do this and have a wholesale.mysite.com or run any number of subdomains for this situation. Gives you best control and you can then do whatever you want with pricing, discounts, taxes, shipping, coupons, etc.

Yes, they are different installations, so you need seperate easycart licenses for these... but if large enough to really run a full site and then a breakout site like a wholesale site, $69 or $99 isn't an issue.

In terms of protecting the site from being leaked out, that is entirely up to your security and processes you want in place. Normally, you build a wholesaler an account, either in easycart to protect the shopping area and restrict roles or you build in other measures in wordpress to protect the entire site, log users so you can see where or who is doing what, track purchases... no way to 100% eliminate leaking though, you should probably build trust with your VIP or wholesaler or have in place agreements when they sign-up, etc... that would be my guess.

Comment

Working...
            X