Need WP EasyCart Version V4 upgrades explained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need WP EasyCart Version V4 upgrades explained

I have been using WP easy cart for over a year and have paid for premium support but I never get a response to a ticket I lodge and now the person that looks at my orders clicked on the upgrade box in wp admin and can't access it until I upgrade to premium and pay extra.

loved WP easycart but I may have to start looking elsewhere if this is the start of a money grab because I paid for support & extensions & now with the upgrade I am locked out of my shop with no support until I pay more.

Hello, sorry to hear you never get answers... we reply to all tickets, usually within 12 hrs or less... usually within hrs on weekdays...

With these new products in version 4, we have 2 easy to understand products... All earlier license users like yourself get the new PRO version at no cost. And it has an all new admin console in html accessed via your wordpress admin.

We do have a new premium edition, it includes our external apps and our extensions. It is 149 a year, and users like yourself can upgrade to it for 50... but you can stay where you are and use the admin app in wordpress.

we previously had these external apps given away for free, but we decided either drop them or offer them in a paid version to pay for development on them. With the new admin in wordpress however, we forsee more folks using that area more and more.

but shoot us a new ticket, we can see if we can get commucations to go through... perhaps try a gmail or something.

Comment

! have 4 times over the last year sent tickets 1 on friday about this issue and previously about the android app.

As I have said I paid for Premium support & extensions but now I have to pay again.

Using the admin in wordpress is not a good option because that means every body that needs access to orders & accounts etc. has full access to the back-end of the website.

Does updating to Premium include new apps for android because the one on my Samsung needs complete login with registration code almost every time.

Comment

I did look up your name and it looks like we responded to this last ticket in less than 5 hours... I suggest trying a gmail account as perhaps our support emails are going to spam or something... but our response that day was the same as above... The part that is confusing folks is we never had this $149 premium edition before... it was our standard license for $80 and with 3 months support, but to renew that standard license we always called it our 'Premium support' and it was $99 per year after that. Which is essentially the exact same thing is the new PRO edition we offer. It is now just $99 a year with full 12 months of upgrades and support. Same product, just new name and a full new backend in html.

The new product we offer and one in which we are rolling all of our external apps and extensions into is the premium edition (not to be confused with previous premium support, though I see why everyone is confused). This is the same PRO edition software, but you get external apps and extensions... previously, we were giving away our apps for free as part of our regular software. IF you feel you need the external apps moving forward, then yes, you will need the upgrade as this is now covering some development costs to go into those apps.

Easy licensing moving forward:

$99 - PRO license (we call this professional edition)
        $149 - PRO license + external apps + extensions ( we call this premium edition)

I know some folks don't want to have to pay for the desktop apps, android apps, ipad apps, or extensions... but we have to cover costs on them and it was either we begin charging for apps instead of offering them for free or we drop them. We heard from several businesses that they needed access to apps, so we are continuing to offer them and support them, but only in our premium editon moving forward...

hopefully that helps explain it a bit more. thanks

Comment

Also, if you do decide to upgrade and you use the desktop apps, it can take up to an hour or so before the licensing goes through and processes... so an upgrade, give it a few hours and it will take effect the new license.

You can also go into your registration page in wordpress easycart and deactivate/reactivate with your license key the site will then retrieve new license info as well and then desktop and other external apps will work...

we are working to reduce these times so people don't experience the lag in licensing system, but right now, that is what is up if you upgrade and then see it still doesn't notice, give it a little time.

thanks

Comment

Sorry to jump a thread, but I am having the same issue. We purchased a premium edition in August 2016 for $180. It was to support all upgrades included with the purchase. It has been only a little over a year and you changed the rules. Now we have to pay more for what was included. I agree with the original poster that this seems like a money grab to me, kind of a bait and switch scheme. You sold us a product with promises and then changed the rules once we're set up and it's hard to switch. Please advise me how we get what we were promised of all upgrades included.

Comment

Hello:

Sorry for the confusion, we have always had all of our products before this latest software edition at 3 months for support. We did offer a full year premium system which was a full year of support & updates, which it sounds like you received. The licenses have always been and still are owned by you and never expire. Moving forward though, we clarified and simplified... no more 3 months of support, now we are moving to a full year at time of purchase, and at time of renewal, should you choose. You have always been able to renew support at $100 a year... after that 12 month period though, it's entirely up to you if you want to get automatic updates... you certainly do not need to, though we encourage it to stay current on security & compatibility updates.

Please note that these are entirely new products, and as a courtesy we have upgraded all original license users whether lite or standard to the full PRO version. A brand new product is our premium edition which is now including our apps and extensions. Previously we gave all of those away for free to all customers and it was something we decided to either drop those products, or move them to an actual paid product. This is an entirely new piece of software though and not to be confused with the old one... IF you feel you would like to stay back on the version 3 standard editions, you can download from the repository on wordpress and do so.

Comment

I understand your position, but we were sold one thing and switched to another. I also don't feel that it is a good business decision to force all your current customers to stay at the version they are one (when lifetime upgrades were sold) just to keep something that you took away. Since we were sold lifetime upgrades with everything we had, we should be allowed to continue with the extensions and apps like we purchased. That is what we were sold and should continue to get as sold. You pulled a fast one and now expect everyone to get take it and pay up, or loose everything we have built. Almost sounds like a class action to me.

Comment

So some of our products, such as the standard and lite edition have simply come to an end of life. I understand that can be frustrating on your end, but as adobe as discontinued flash as of 2020, we have to end the life of those products unfortunately.

On the plus side though, we are giving all standard and lite users a professional edition if they want it. They are completely different products, but we do have an update path for them working. You certainly do not have to, and we have made available the last stable versions of these end of life standard and lite editions here on the forums. IF you have a support + extensions purchase, and maybe you do, then submit a support ticket and will make sure you still have access to those for the 12 months you purchased.

We always intend to honor those, and maybe our site is not giving you the correct information I thought I had it all worked out good so you could see your information, but we are only human and maybe you can not see what you should in the members area or account area...

I would say shoot us a ticket with your info, it almost sounds like you do not have access to what you should. thanks

Comment

I tried to PM you but can't. Please allow me to so I can send the info to you.

Comment

Jump over here to our contact page and send us an email... explain the situation with your order # and what it is you are missing or feel you don't have... I had a guy the other day who had a purchase of a license that we totally forgot we had and he wasn't seeing what he needed in order to get either... I only say this because our standard licenses were $80 and you said you paid $180, so we need to look up what product that was and get it sorted... thanks for the patience.

Comment

sorry, here is the link to: http://www.wpeasycart.com/contact-information/

Comment

I just submitted it.

Comment

Working...
                          X