No announcement yet.

Homepage content is shown on product page instead, have to refresh every time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homepage content is shown on product page instead, have to refresh every time

Ever since the recent update i found sometimes when i try to load a product page, even it is already the url of the product page, homepage content is shown instead. I have to refresh the page once/twice just to read the product page. Super bizarre. Anyone experienced this? Big thanks in advance to help/comment

If you are refreshing and seeing different content over and over... I would really look at your caching plugin or other server side caching... clear them on your hosting or wordpress.

Comment

Hi, where do i find that in wp? under Performance i see there is page cache, database cache, object cache and browser cache. thanks.

Comment

So it could be any of these? There is server side caching that can be in place, and then there are wordpress plugins that can cache. They can cache pages, databases, objects, browser data, etc... All of them can cause issues while developing. I recommend you find out what type you have and who makes it or where it comes from and learn form the company how it works.... I also recommend disabling caching while developing, adding products/updating products, and doing other design adjustments as you may not see the results you expect on the front end with caching enabled. It's usually best to enable these at the end after your site is good, stable, and ready to run.

With dynamic shopping cart data, it's unclear sometimes what they cache and what they don't. We use WP Super Cache and have good success with it and others. We also have successfully used server side caching as well, but still disable while developing.

thanks

Comment

Working...
        X