Export/Import Issue During Migration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export/Import Issue During Migration

While migrating a client's website i've encountered an error. Both the old and new website are fully updated as is EasyCart. Here is the error:

Product 1 on line 1 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id) Product 2 on line 2 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id) Product 3 on line 3 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id) Product 4 on line 4 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id) Product 5 on line 5 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id) Product 6 on line 6 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id) Product 7 on line 7 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id) Product 9 on line 8 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id)

What does 'migrating' mean and what steps have you used to migrate. Did you copy an entire database and file system to a new host? or are you trying to export and import products only to a new site?

The error indicates that you have product ID and likely post ID's in your CSV file, but if they are new products, on a new website, then you will need to have those 2 fields set to 0 zeros the first time, so it inserts them...

then you do a fresh export and they will be populated... just not sure exactly what you are doing at this area though.

Comment

The site was moved from a cPanel/WHM Dedicated server to GoDaddy's Wordpress hosting using one-click migration (it seems to be all they offer).

I'm attempting to export the products from the old site to CSV and then import them to the new site, do I need to be going through and removing the product IDs and post IDs from that CSV?

Comment

Yes, exactly... Since they are new.

I usually copy the enitre datatabase from one site to the other, that way I get all the exact info... There are good tutorials out there on doing this. Then you don't have to setup products, categories, all the stuff over and over again. I know there are wordpress plugins that help migrate, but they often skip tables outside the regular wordpress ones for some reason. I prefer to use my webhost to just copy the entire db and copy my files over.

then no need to export/import and rebuild things.

Comment

I had the same problem- I moved to a new host and when I exported the file using EasyCart's feature, I figured everything would be OK. now I'm trying to import to the new hosting, and it's giving me this same message. since the old site is down, how am I supposed to correct this?

Comment

One suggestion, if importing an export to a new site, be sure to set all the post ids and product ids to 0 so that it knows you want to add the products. If that is not it, then likely there is an issue internally with your server for the import, but you should be able to import the file if we resolve what is going on here. I would recommend submitting a support request directly to us here: https://www.wpeasycart.com/my-account/ with your CSV file and WordPress admin access. This will allow us to troubleshoot your issue specifically.

Comment

Working...
            X