Export/Import Issue During Migration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export/Import Issue During Migration

While migrating a client's website i've encountered an error. Both the old and new website are fully updated as is EasyCart. Here is the error:

Product 1 on line 1 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id) Product 2 on line 2 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id) Product 3 on line 3 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id) Product 4 on line 4 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id) Product 5 on line 5 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id) Product 6 on line 6 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id) Product 7 on line 7 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id) Product 9 on line 8 failed to update, invalid product_id (if you are trying to add a new product use 0 for the product_id)

What does 'migrating' mean and what steps have you used to migrate. Did you copy an entire database and file system to a new host? or are you trying to export and import products only to a new site?

The error indicates that you have product ID and likely post ID's in your CSV file, but if they are new products, on a new website, then you will need to have those 2 fields set to 0 zeros the first time, so it inserts them...

then you do a fresh export and they will be populated... just not sure exactly what you are doing at this area though.

Comment

The site was moved from a cPanel/WHM Dedicated server to GoDaddy's Wordpress hosting using one-click migration (it seems to be all they offer).

I'm attempting to export the products from the old site to CSV and then import them to the new site, do I need to be going through and removing the product IDs and post IDs from that CSV?

Comment

Yes, exactly... Since they are new.

I usually copy the enitre datatabase from one site to the other, that way I get all the exact info... There are good tutorials out there on doing this. Then you don't have to setup products, categories, all the stuff over and over again. I know there are wordpress plugins that help migrate, but they often skip tables outside the regular wordpress ones for some reason. I prefer to use my webhost to just copy the entire db and copy my files over.

then no need to export/import and rebuild things.

Comment

Working...
        X