Combined Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combined Shipping

Hi. I would appreciate help configuring shipping cost for a product that measures 12??? x 2.35??? x 2.35??? and weighs 0.75 pounds.

Customers can (and do) buy multiple pieces in one order. The minimum order is 12 pieces. There is no maximum.

The cost per piece is dependant on the number of pieces purchased, example; buy 25 @ $2.20 each, buy 50 @ $2.00 each, buy 100 @ $1.95, buy 500 @ $1.90 and but 1,000 or more @ $1.85.

12 pieces (9 pounds) fit in a box that is: 12??? x 10??? x 8???
    25 pieces (18.75 pounds) fit in a box that is: 12??? x 12??? x 12???
    50 pieces (37.5 pounds) fit in a box that is: 24??? x 12??? x 12???

Typical order is 100 pieces (2 boxes of 50), although 12 pieces (1 box) and 25 pieces (1 box) are common too.

Could easily be an order for 75 pieces (1 box of 50 and 1 box of 25). Orders of 1,000 pieces happens occasionally.

Shipping is availabe for USA only. Traditionally FedEX, UPS and USPS. Local FREE pickup is an option.

How do I charge, using live shipping, the correct (actual cost) shipping for all the possible quantities purchased? Is there a better way I havent considered?

Thanks!

Additionally, since the boxes are heavy, the cost of in state shipping is dramatically different than across the country. Shipping to Michigan (in state), $37.00. Shipping to Oregon, around $80.

Comment

Starting in version 4.0.29, the EasyCart adds a package builder that will attempt to build a real-world package for a rectangular box. The method for this is to track an overall dimension for a package as well as empty volume. If a new item added to the package is not greater than the overall dimensions of the package and fits in the empty volume, it will add it and subtract from the empty volume. If the item exceeds the volume or is bigger than the current package the system will extend the package to match and update the empty volume in the space. This should dramatically improve the calculation for UPS, USPS, and FedEx.

Prior to 4.0.29 the EasyCart did the same thing without the empty volume, which made the total size larger than expected in most cases.

EasyCart also always tests if a package will exceed the maximums for each shipping system and if it does, adds the package to the shipment and starts a new package. You will need to know these limits to get the best results with matching estimates from live shipping in the cart vs real life calculations once the items are boxed up.

All you need to do to use these features is have a license with the PRO plugin installed. Then add your credentials for the live shipping system and add shipping rates that you want to offer. As long as your product dimensions are accurate, the cart will do the rest.

Our recommendation is to always build in a little added cost to your shipments. Packaging, actual box size, and other unknown factors can mean the rate is slightly low or slightly high, but hopefully close to the real world cost.

Comment

Hi. Thanks for doing this! Where to I configure the size of my packages/rectangular boxes?

Comment

There is no way to configure box sizes, but the estimate should be pretty close to what your actual shipping cost will be. Product sizing is in the product edit page, 'packaging options'.

Comment

Working...
          X