Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paypal upgrade to express - do I need to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on Standard Paypal, Just have to ignore the message at the top of all the Easycart pages asking us to "Click to upgrade to Paypal Express" until we have to upgrade that is!

Comment

Yep, but you've been warned Standard redirects will go away in favor of express and keeping things on your site! LOL

Comment

I have tried to perform the upgrade to Express several times and it always results in the SUBMIT ORDER button disappearing on the Submit Payment page. So I've had to go back to the old way or people can't pay.... I have a business PayPal account, so that's not the issue.

Comment

Update for Josh, We have now switched again to Paypal Express after your latest newsletter showed us how to stop displaying the Paypal option on the first checkout screen, our customers now have to continue to payment with the Checkout button then filling in their details or enter as a returning customer then get the second checkout screen where we have the payment options of Stripe or Paypal. The removal of Paypal on the first checkout screen was taken by us as Stripe in our case is the preferred payment method and is also cheaper on charges than Paypal.

Comment

thanks for the update, yes, we do have the option now to remove paypal express on the cart, so customers must go through checkout... then they can choose paypal or credit card using your processor at the end. We also added some visual design elements such as color of buttons, shape of buttons on paypal, etc... should help make the flow better.

Comment

Ok, a little bit more information on top of my earlier post... if I enable PayPal Express, the PayPal button actually appears briefly on the checkout page, and then vanishes. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I am having to stay with the old system for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Miller View Post
                Ok, a little bit more information on top of my earlier post... if I enable PayPal Express, the PayPal button actually appears briefly on the checkout page, and then vanishes. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I am having to stay with the old system for now.
                The first Checkout page or the last Checkout page. With us we did not want it on the first page as it stopped a customer finding out that they could also use a credit/debit card on our Stripe payment option so we disabled the Paypal Express button showing on that first Checkout page forcing customers to go through shipping and onto the final Checkout page to be given the choice between Paypal and Stripe, they don't know its Stripe but just a direct credit/debit card option. So do you mean that first checkout page?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyjustlasered View Post

The first Checkout page or the last Checkout page. With us we did not want it on the first page as it stopped a customer finding out that they could also use a credit/debit card on our Stripe payment option so we disabled the Paypal Express button showing on that first Checkout page forcing customers to go through shipping and onto the final Checkout page to be given the choice between Paypal and Stripe, they don't know its Stripe but just a direct credit/debit card option. So do you mean that first checkout page?
                  Hi, I get the same result on both checkout pages, the PayPal button appears briefly then vanishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Miller View Post

Hi, I get the same result on both checkout pages, the PayPal button appears briefly then vanishes.
                    I cannot help you and the I believe the two checkout pages are the same page anyway, this one is over to support, maybe they know what your Easycart system is doing or not!

Comment

Yes, this is something we may need to have a support ticket for in order to see these strange behaviors like this on paypal smart buttons. We do have a setting in the paypal advanced options to change the style and to change the visibility of the smart buttons on the cart page, but the checkout page it should always show the express paypal button and not disappear. It makes me think that maybe something in a theme or plugin is unloading things for some reason in your setup, but not certain.

Comment

Working...
                      X