internal error or misconfiguration when trying to customize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internal error or misconfiguration when trying to customize

I've been working on this website since beginning of the year- I have someone else who is helping add products and media. we are keeping all plugins and Wordpress itself updated, and are doing regular backups (almost daily), especially before we update plugins, and after adding new products. But we've had the cart dashboard crash or become unusable several times and we have to start completely over. I believe I am following the instructions correctly to install and update everything, but every so often, when we try to update a plug in, or make changes to the theme, or add something to the products list, we get this error message. I just tried restoring back to last week, but we continue to get this message.
    We have discussed if doing one specific task is setting it off and we can't seem to see what that would be.
    I'm using Updraft Plus to backup and restore and sending backups to my Dropbox until I can download them to my hard drive.
    The store itself stays available for a day or so after this message, but it eventually goes down as well- I'm to the point of giving up on the whole thing- this is my first time using EasyCart.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Edited to add site: www.dsagraphicsandtees.com
    Last edited by bethmrogers; 05-14-2018, 10:14 AM.

Hello:

You want to be careful backing up using other plugins, they often only backup certain core wordpress database tables and not the entire database... all our tables are prefixed 'ec_' so you might check and make sure you have these 30-40+ tables in your database backups.

As for the other reasons, I don't know why a site would crash or go up and down like you are stating here. when you say 'cart dashboard' go down, you mean all of wordpress works just fine, but only when you go to wp easycart -> dashboard it fails? It sounds more like a global server issue if your doing it when you update any plugin, theme or such... as if your hitting a server limit. Do you have good quality server for hosting? or is it a low end shared host? could easily be the issue. wordpress likes to have a lot of PHP memory, especially if you start adding plugins, themes, and other things, which everyone does.

wpengine is good hosting, so is bluehost VPS servers... more expensive, but worth it's weight in gold when messing with poor servers if that is the case.

Comment

You want to be careful backing up using other plugins, they often only backup certain core wordpress database tables and not the entire database... all our tables are prefixed 'ec_' so you might check and make sure you have these 30-40+ tables in your database backups.

Thank you! I will look into that... and thanks for the other ideas and suggestions too.

Comment

one other quick question- what do you use to do backups?

Comment

I personally don't like software to do backups like that, I just connect via my web host and do a backup/export from phpmyadmin and then file backups through there... no plugins used.

Comment

Originally posted by jjones View Post
            I personally don't like software to do backups like that, I just connect via my web host and do a backup/export from phpmyadmin and then file backups through there... no plugins used.
            thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X