Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDPR on account signup (terms agreement)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDPR on account signup (terms agreement)

Require terms agreement (Enable for GDPR Compliance)

The above is from the Settings / Account Options page in Easycart.
    I just tried ticking that box to activate that option on the Account signup page and it works OK but there is no text next to the tick box on the Create Account page.
    What text should be displayed?
    The tick box for Email Signup displays the associated text "Would you like to subscribe to our email list?" and the Subscribe button OK!
    so why can I not see any text next to the Require terms agreement tick box
    Also would like it to say "You have read and agreed our Privacy Policy" for GDPR requirements
    Our background colour is White so not sure why text is not displayed.
    We do get the error message when the Register button is clicked if that tick box is not ticked (Please agree to the terms and conditions).
    So what do I do to firstly see the text and secondly change it to Privacy Policy.

TIA

I had this once show up as well, I just needed to hard refresh my browser and clear any caches I had on the wordpress site as well...

Comment

Sorry logged on with wrong ID but its still me! Still no text next to the box - please see image attached
      Attached Files

Comment

This has still not been resolved, any further ideas?

Comment

I would think there may be caching somewhere, either in wordpress or on the server... You might need to submit a support ticket here so we can look. There is a phrase for this in our settings -> language editor that you can look for to make sure there is phrases there... I had the same situation on a server, but had to clear out all my caching systems and got it to work that way, the data was there for me...

Comment

Originally posted by jjones View Post
            I would think there may be caching somewhere, either in wordpress or on the server... You might need to submit a support ticket here so we can look. There is a phrase for this in our settings -> language editor that you can look for to make sure there is phrases there... I had the same situation on a server, but had to clear out all my caching systems and got it to work that way, the data was there for me...
            If I action a view source on that page the following is displayed in the page source;
            <div class="ec_cart_button_row"> <input type="checkbox" name="ec_terms_agree" id="ec_terms_agree" class="ec_account_register_input_field" /> </div> <div class="ec_cart_error_row" id="ec_terms_error"> Please agree to the terms and conditions </div> <div class="ec_cart_button_row"> <input type="checkbox" name="ec_account_register_is_subscriber" id="ec_account_register_is_subscriber" class="ec_account_register_input_field" /> Would you like to subscribe to our email list? <input type="submit" value="REGISTER" class="ec_account_button" onclick="return ec_account_register_button_click2( );" /> </div>

As you can see the error text is there but there is no text next to the tick box

Comment

try looking in settings -> language editor... see if you have info in the account registration -> Account, Register, Agree Terms Text: field.

Comment

try looking in settings -> language editor... see if you have info in the account registration -> Account, Register, Agree Terms Text: field.
                Text is in the field at the bottom!

Account - Register
                Account, Register Title:
                Account, Register, First Name Label:
                Account, Register, Last Name Label:
                Account, Register, Email Label:
                Account, Register, Password Label:
                Account, Register, Re-type Password Label:
                Account, Register, Subscribe Text:
                Account, Register Button:
                Account, Billing, User Notes:
                Account, Register Email Title:
                Account, Register Email Message:
                Account, Register, Agree Terms Text: Do you agree to our website terms, data policy, and cookies policy?

NOTE: if it makes any difference, we were a legacy system purchase!
                Last edited by Tonyjustlasered; 06-06-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I had this once show up as well, I just needed to hard refresh my browser and clear any caches I had on the wordpress site as well...
                  caching on 4 different PC's and a smart phone - Don't think its that.

Comment

Checked on this field as you suggested and I have not closed my browser or cleared its cach. But that text is now displaying. That is so strange because as far as I know I made no changes in Easycart anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X