Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I be charged the 2% per transaction by EasyCart if I upgrade to PayPal Express?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be charged the 2% per transaction by EasyCart if I upgrade to PayPal Express?

I purchased EasyCart back in 2015. I got the Professional version. However on the receipt it only says Standard Edition. But the License Key version is listed as Professional. I just want to make sure that my Professional benefits are locked in before I upgrade to PayPal express and I won't be charged 2% per transaction.

On a related note, now that EasyCart has moved over to a Subscription based model, rather than a one time purchase, will my Professional Version from 2015 ever expire?

Hello:

yes, we gave all standard users a free upgrade path to professional if you wanted it. The licenses will all reflect professional on them, even if they were originally standard. There is no 2% charges on any standard/professional edition or premium edition licenses, only on the free edition.

If updates and support fall out of active period, then you fall back to the free edition, so the 2% would apply. You can keep using the software as long as you like, it will never expire, but updates & support are something you will likely want to do with easycart for sure.

Comment

Thank you for replying jjones. But I'm a little confused about the second part of your answer and how it relates to the first.

The license will never expire but if the Paid for Technical Support expires than the license reverts to the Free Version? Or do you mean if at some latter date EasyCart chooses to drop support for the One Time Purchase Licenses then the key would revert to the Free Version?

But as of right now as long as I have the Professional Version listed in the License key I wont be charged per transaction on my website, right?

Comment

sorry...

1. Support always expires, old customers used to only get 3 months support, now a license gets you 12 months of support. When it expires, you can still use the software, it just won't update anymore. So we highly recommend you stay current so you do get future updates...

2. If you have a professional version, there is no per transaction 2% application fee. All professional & premium versions are 0% application fee.

3. If you have the old standard legacy license, we do let you drop support & updates if you want and not apply the 2%, but again, updates are pretty important, so we always recommend it.

4. On our newest licenses moving forward, if you drop support & updates, it reverts back to the free edition and you get the 2% application fees.

Comment

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Comment

If I have an old Standard license and upgrade to the newer software, then I will be on the Pro Edition at no charge for one year?

Comment

If you simply upgrade, you are renewing it for a full year essentially... so yes, you will be on the Pro Edition for a year.

If you upgrade from Pro/Standard to Premium, you only pay the difference... it upgrades you, but it will not reset your timer for one year...

Comment

Thanks J. The powers-that-be here don't like surprises or interruptions in service so at the risk of beating a dead horse I need to ask again with more details.

We are on v3.2.30 with a Standard edition license. We have not been paying the annual fee for support so that is expired. If we update to the current version, will we have:
                A) the Pro edition with a license good for one year from that date
                B) the Pro edition with a 14-day free trail
                C) the Free edition
                D) something else

Comment

So if you have V3 standard, you can renew to PRO or Premium... Both will make your site good for a full year starting from that date...

If you need the features in the PRO, it would be $69, if you need any of the extensions, or if you need the external apps like desktop, tablet, iphone, then you need Premium at $99.

either way, they will be good for a full year from the date you renew.

Comment

Thanks, it sounds like the answer is "B".

Comment

Working...
                    X