Upgraded to PayPal Express And Now The Checkout Process Is Broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded to PayPal Express And Now The Checkout Process Is Broken

I just upgraded the Paypal payment gateway to PayPal Express but I'm having a small issue of the checkout now not functioning like it should. Before Express clients would click the Submit Order button and then be redirected to Paypal to finalize payment. With Express they are redirected to Paypal before the order is submitted to the website. I fear this could lead to issues of clients making a payment but not knowing they need to click the Submit Order button after paying to finalize the order and submit it to the website.

Is there some way to make the system work like it used to so that this wont cause problems? Mainly my issue is we are selling tangible goods and need to know what items where ordered and where to ship them. This new process leaves to much room for clients to not complete the order process AFTER making full payment.

I've already turned off the "Allow Cart Page 1 Checkout". However it simply moves the Paypal checkout button to the Payment select page. Which is just before the final order review and submit page.

On a side note: I just realized that this issue also breaks the Product Quantity Tracking built into EasyCart. If the client does not submit the order after payment, the product quantities are never updated for the website. So if you are selling a bunch of unique individual items with a quantity of 1, you might end up selling the same item to multiple buyers. At least that is how it is working on my website.

Comment

Only solution I found for this issue was to drop PayPal Express and use Square. The downside is Square requires an SSL certificate. However it does make the checkout process smoother by making payment from your website with no redirects like PayPal does.

Comment

We are also seeing something like this, Paypal summary says Order notification and payment notification which seems to indicate you have double the amount in Paypal. Also Easycart stays as a "Pending" sale which is the confusing issue. Josh can you advise on this issue for us and Ishikowa above. Thanks.

Comment

PayPal requires your site to have an open channel to an IPN listener which we have, but often wordpress environments with other security plugins and such will have htaccess or other firewalls in place on wordpress, which strictly do not let IPN messages to come back and talk to a URL inside your plugin area... this is for security on wordpress, but it does make paypal difficult to work with on many servers due to some fo these issues, where as live payment processors like square and stripe don't need to deal with this kind of extra talkback communications as much.

I can't tell without submitting a support ticket and getting someone into your server to look, but that's kind of what sounds like is going on here, it's just not communicating back and confirming an order, which switches order status to approved and sending out emailers.

Comment

Working...
          X