Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ability to limit certain products to specific accounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability to limit certain products to specific accounts?

We were considering having some marketing materials (i.e. brochures, apparel, pens, etc.) available for purchase to our dealers through our online store, but don't really want these items visible to the general shopper. Is there a way to either:
    - Hide products based on customer category (i.e. having a 'customer' category for general shopper and 'dealer' category for dealers.
    - Have a separate store just for dealers

I just read about having non-published products and that might work if you just sent the link to our dealers so this might work but is the least preferred way of doing it.

Any thoughts or suggestions on if this is possible, and how best to set it up?

Thanks!

Jamison Smith
    TwinOxide-USA
    www.TwinOxide.us

I would recommend using "User Roles" (WP EasyCart -> User -> User Roles) and creating a role for each dealer. You can then limit the product to a specific user role in the Product, Basic Options, Restrict to user role. This will make that product only visible to a specific user role. You can then assign the user roles to your dealer accounts within the EasyCart.

The last step I think would be to build a page and list the dealer specific products and restrict to that same user role on the page options.

Comment

Working...
    X