Too many Items added to cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many Items added to cart?

Hello, my name is Corey maybe somebody else has had this problem and figured it out. I'm very new to WP Easycart, and the whole setup of the store but for the most part everything seems to be running fine other than one problem I've been having, all caching is off on my website, but every time I add only 1 product to my cart then click view cart, there are 2 to 4 other products that get added to the cart, and I didn't add them in there. the cart should only show one product that I added, I check with my hosting provider they said they weren't caching anything, and I check with Cloudflare there caching is on standard and from what I was told their only caching are images and stylesheets I don't really know much about caching but I was told this could be the problem, if anyone could help me with this I would be much appreciated I need this website up by this coming week and its already Sunday, I've been used to using Bigcartel, and really rather have the store directly on the website to keep the visitors on the website.

The EasyCart "Add to Cart" buttons that appear on the product list page are actually links to a page that will add a product to the cart. We use the link as a backup, in case there is a plugin conflict that breaks jQuery. When jQuery is working, we add the product to the cart behind the scenes and prevent the link from redirecting (then show a continue to checkout link if the user wishes to checkout).

The issue that can happen is if your theme does adds some kind of functionality in which the page redirects internally (preventing the whole page from reloading) it will override the link altogether and the item will be added behind the scenes and when your theme allows the link to redirect internally. This causes two items in the cart (and if the load is slow enough you may click twice to get 4).

The solution would be to update the link to remove the URL in the add to cart so that your theme does not do this. I would use the EasyCart child layout system to customize the ec_product.php file and fix this problem just for that one file in your single instance.

Comment

Working...
    X