Emails are not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emails are not working

Hello - I have tried to setup emailing customer invoices and it is not working when I do a purchase. I cannot get the test email to work either. I have tried Wordpress and SMTP approaches and nothing is working.

Hello:

so email can be frustrating... Setting the email system to WordPress email system is the right approach, it just uses whatever wordpress uses to send email. The SMTP plugin, something like 'Postman SMTP' is a good choice because if you set it up right, it has a log file, so you can see if the messages are sent.

We are no email experts, but you can at least look at the log now and say it's 'Sending' or if it's a 'Receiving' issue.

I would also be sure to use gmail accounts to do initial testing with, that way you can rule out your own email server, hosting server, etc... if you find emails go to gmail, but not your own hosting server, then you may want to have a discussion with your email provider.

Comment

Hi. thanks for the response. Using wordpress functionality isn't working yet either. Is there anything specific that I need to do to ensure that when an email is triggered in WP easy cart that it uses the wordpress email?

Comment

i actually got this to work finally. thank you

Comment

What did you have to do so that others may know as well?

Comment

HI sorry i didn't see this. I just used regular SMTP email setup using the PostMan SMTP plugin. The instructions for PostMan actually take you to setup a more complicated setup with Gmail which I couldn't figure out. So I have a less secure situation but its going to have to do for now

Comment

Working...
            X