Shipping by Weight Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping by Weight Option

I sell hair accessories using the manual weight based shipping method, I set up the fees as follows: ((I will be using one item purchase as the example)) 1 Item, United States Shipping = $4.00/ Canada = $9.00 / Other Countries = $11.00 In june I tested this, when I sent out social media messages announcing the online webstore was LIVE. I did not complete the test transaction but everything looked great. 1 item purchase and a United States (where I am located, so cheapest shipping)) $4.00 shipping. RE-Tested the same scenario today, 1 item in cart, with United States address, to discover it added $9.00 shipping I can NOT find anywhere this got messed up, but a United States Order is apparently adding the $9.00 (Canada's Shipping Fee) I have wallowed it around all day, and can't figure it out. PLEASE help me. Pinky
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

I deleted all the countries except United States, and all the weight options, and the zones, started from scratch, and instead of looking at the weight as ounces, as I did before I just entered them as a "unit" 1, or 2 etc. ONLY added United States, didn't add zones, added 1 item, then 2, proceeded up to 5, and have my "5 unit weight" show ZERO price, in hopes that I could say 5+ items or more, you get FREE SHIPPING, nope, it charged the same as if the customer had 1-4 items in their cart. Does this make any sense, I am getting so turned around I can imagine how my "potential shoppers" must feel Please help me.

Comment

Hello: So you could do quantity based shipping... just go to settings -> shipping rates and choose the top pulldown quantity rates. Then setup 0 and a price, 1, and a price, 2, and a price... and when you get to 5, put in 0.

Do not use any shipping zones if you already removed countries.

Comment

Thank you Josh. I really Appreciate it! I know I need to break down and purchase easycart, I am sure it would alleviate a LOT of my issues. I went Live in June, and never sold ONE item. Tested it again yesterday, after hours and weeks of trying everything to get it profitable, and darn it if the USA shipping wasn't waaaaaaay wrong. Gah! This is an excellent work-around until I figure out what I need to accomplish. Pinky

Comment

Working...
        X