Store Manager capability/role in Wordpress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store Manager capability/role in Wordpress

Planning ahead to when we will probably separate the wordpress administrator and store manager roles, I want to set up a special user that can access only the easycart and easycart administrator plugins. Is this possible? Can someone point me in the right direction?

I know how to give someone access to the downloadable front end, is that what is called?, for actually managing the products, prices, etc. But that doesn't allow updating the advanced language options and other store setup options.

Any suggestions?

TIA.

Jon

The best way to limit users to the admin console is to not use the wordpress admin but rather download the desktop app of the easycart admin console... this way you can specifiy what they can access such as orders, products, etc... and they don't have access to anything in wordpress becuase they don't log into that area at all.

Comment

Is this still true that it's not possible to create a store manager role, similar to what Woocommerce has? I have subcontractors entering products/options, don't need them doing anything else.

Thanks!

Comment

Or, do I need to make that user an admin and use a plugin like user role editor to take away the ability to do everything else an admin can do?

I do not think I want the people doing data entry to download desktop software.

Update - this worked. Using the User Role Editor plugin i made a copy of the admin permissions, set them to "product manager" and took away all user permissions unrelated to the store.
        Last edited by MCD-dev; 01-29-2019, 08:48 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

Thanks for the update, that is interesting it worked, but glad it did... good to know.

Comment

What permissions are needed to manage the store? I tried this but wasn't successful.
            Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X