Define default post sidebar for product posts in a setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Define default post sidebar for product posts in a setting

Currently I have to set the layout of the products in my shop either manually or override my site's default with the left one.... Giving me issues with my blog posts :s

It would be nice if I could just define a setting in the shop somewhere so that I can configure all product posts to use (in my case) the left sidebar and I could then use the right one for my blog posts and all would be dandy!

The feature you are looking for may already exist for you. The reason I say it may exist is that every theme handles the layout of a page differently. The classic way is to define a post/page template that can be applied in the "Template" drop down menu. If this is your theme, it should work by setting your store page to the template you want to use (the store attempts to use the selected template for the store page). The second common option is for a theme to use Post Meta to set some settings like left, right or no sidebar and if this is what your theme does then you can go to "EasyCart Admin" -> "Store Setup" -> "Advanced Options" and turn "Match Store Page Meta" to "On". Once you do this, go to the store page and click "Update" to apply the store meta across all store items. If neither of these options work, you will likely need a customized solution for your theme or set the "Advanced Option" "Use Custom Post Linking Type" to "Off" to switch from using a custom WordPress post type to displaying all products on the store page itself. This method should be the last resort since it is less SEO friendly.

Comment

Working...
    X