Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improve the seo of images

Hi,

Maybe this can be added in the next update? I think the seo of images can be improved if we could give it a name instead of wp easycart giving it a weird name which is totally not seo friendly. Would that possible? Or maybe there is a work around?

I usually upload my images to the correct "pic" folders via FTP and then just enter that name in the EC admin.

Comment

Originally posted by sammies View Post
      Hi,

Maybe this can be added in the next update? I think the seo of images can be improved if we could give it a name instead of wp easycart giving it a weird name which is totally not seo friendly. Would that possible? Or maybe there is a work around?
      As stompin said - I think it will be easier to upload images via ftp and than fix names using EC admin. I mean - for now. But yeah, adding an option to keep image name after uploading would be a nice idea tho...

Comment

EC admin just adds a bunch of characters after the original name. It doesn't totally change the name. Sometimes, if it's more convenient, I might upload it in EC admin but then later remove those extra character via FTP (rename) and do the same in EC admin to match. Yeah, I was kind of thrown by the EC admin upload at first but it works fine. Maybe they should make it so you can add an ALT tag. Search engines like to see an ALT tag.

There are a couple of things I would like to see regarding images. See my other posts and let me know if that is of interest.

http://forums.wpeasycart.com/forum/e...photo-captions
        http://forums.wpeasycart.com/forum/e.../2410-lightbox

I'm not so crazy about the current lightbox but I guess it works OK. I end up adding photos in the tabs and add a lot more detail there.
        Last edited by stompin; 04-06-2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X