Need ability to edit slugs for CATEGORIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ability to edit slugs for CATEGORIES

There needs to be a way to edit the slugs on categories. I ended up with almost all of them labeled with the category name, followed by "-2", and this messes with the links on my site. Take the category of Aircraft as an example. I tried to change its slug from "aircraft-2" to simply "aircraft". Simple enough, but it won't work. It continues to add the "-2" every time I save it.

In the list of categories, of course, there is only ONE version listed. Deleting it and making a new one only makes the matter worse.

And on the menus of the store items, all the redundant ones (and their associated "-2") are listed. I did manage to figure out which was which, and straightened out my menus, but that still leaves the short codes posting the incorrect thing to the home page, where I use a grid of nothing but categories for the main page. Hovering over one of these categories shows the URL where it's pointing to still be a "-2".

All I want to do is edit everything that has a "-2" (and sometimes even -3!) to leave nothing but the word itself. If I have to get in the database to do that, so be it. Just tell me where to find what I need. This is maddening, and in looking through the forum, I seem to be not the only one who has had this question that was not adequately answered.

Hopefully these images make my question clear. They were uploaded at a high resolution in a scale large enough to read. If not, I can upload them and provide a link to that.

Thank you. Janet, paying customer since 2015
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
Working...
X