Seo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seo

Hi Everybody! I'm new here and my site is brand new and it gets zero traffic. So I resolved that as long as I am just sitting around not filling orders, I would spend my free time on the dreaded science of SEO. So I signed up for Bluehost SEO tools. So I am following along with the assignments and I am on this one. Paste follows:

Images on your site should always contain descriptive file names optimized for keywords.

Image optimization can make or break your SEO strategy. Just like your web pages and posts, the images featured on your website must be optimized for the search engines. This way, they will appear on top of the search results and boost your rankings.

Not only it will help to give your website better positioning, but it will also include it in automated images search services as Google Images, increasing the visibility of your web. What should you do?

It's not usually easy to modify file name of an image. It normally implies some technical action. Ask your webmaster if necessary. (WEBMASTER...THAT'S ME!)

However, it's important to get used to uploading images to your WordPress site after having updated the image name.

Then, add images to your web including keywords in their file names.

Here are some examples:
    • Camera_CES_500X_Front.jpg
    • Associated_Lawyers_Partners.png
    • Flower_Shop_In_London_Image.jpg
    Why is this important?

Make sure your image file name includes a relevant keyword. If your post or page has several images, use keyword variations.

This simple strategy can boost your visibility in search results, increase traffic, and improve your rankings.

It also helps enhance user experience by showing readers how your image relates to the topic you've covered.

...Paste over.

Well, not looking forward to reloading all of my product images, I remembered that there are SEO options available when you go to products and select edit on any of them. So I entered SEO keywords in to each product. Does this carry the same weight as actually changing the file name of every image? If not is there an easy way to change the image file names?
Working...
X