Link Slug is no longer auto-filling with spreadsheet import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Slug is no longer auto-filling with spreadsheet import

Thanks for reading. Link Slug is no longer auto-filling with csv import, and I have to go back and manually copy and paste the Title into the Link Slug which is very tedious. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Try going to the WP EasyCart -> store status page. We have a few tools here to rebuild permalinks, rebuild products, etc... they should rebuild those slugs for you if you rebulid those.

Comment

Also, be sure in the wordpress -> settings - > permalinks you are using the 'Postname' method of permalinks, they look best for SEO and work best with EasyCart Products.

Comment

Thank you so much for the fast reply!
        Before I click any of these "reset permalinks | rebuild permalinks | Fix Category Permalink Issues | Fix Product Permalink Issues" do I need to worry about 404s on the products that already have working Slugs? Thanks!

Comment

No, it will reset them... but it uses the title. If you are customizing the permalinks, then you will not want to run them.... as these processes essentially reset them. But if you have a mix of good and a mix of bad 404 errors, then running this will go through and get them all working.

Comment

Just want to follow up on this for any one else with the same issue.

Clicking the "Fix Product Permalink Issues" at the bottom of the page did fix the issue with empty Link Slugs.

Comment

This is still an issue.

If I upload a spreadsheet with the products not activated (which I prefer to do, so I can look things over like Link Slugs before Search Engines pick them up), the Link Slug prefills with a numeral or page number rather than the Title.

If I upload a spreadsheet with the products activated, the Link Slug is still empty and I need to "Fix Product Permalink Issues" every time.

Weird. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by jimvertical View Post
                If I upload a spreadsheet with the products activated, the Link Slug is still empty and I need to "Fix Product Permalink Issues" every time.
                Just to add to this... When running "Fix Product Permalink Issues" WPEasycart says "no post found: My Title Goes Here - fixed" when fiinished.

Comment

Working...
                X