PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning

I constantly receive a message from Paypal like this "Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing". I login in to my Paypal again and do everything as Easycart instruction suggested. But this message from Paypal keep coming. What did I do wrong? I found a topic on Paypal help center about IPN at this link: https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/products/instant-payment-notification/. It seems that I need to create a basic IPN listener script and install on my website? I did not see any instruction on Easycart documentation that I need to create a basic IPN listener scipt. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We already have the IPN script and listener url setup for you, just go to the easycart admin -> payment information panel where you setup paypal to begin with, and read the instructions. There is a url there specific to your site, just copy and paste that url into paypal's IPN listener setup on their website and it will talk to it.

Comment

Thank You, I was having the same issue :-)

Comment

On the subject above, I've recently gotten the following email from PayPal about a change they're making. Has this already been taken care of, and we need to do nothing more? Should I even be using this thread to ask this question, or should I start a new one?

====================
        Yikes, image came in tiny. Here's a copy & paste of the wording instead. See below.
        ====================

As we have previously communicated to you, PayPal is upgrading the certificate for www.paypal.com to SHA-256. This endpoint is also used by merchants using the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) product.

This upgrade is scheduled for 9/30/2015; however, we may need to change this date on short notice to you to align to the industry security standard.

You???re receiving this notification because you???ve been identified as a merchant who has used IPN endpoints within the past year. If you have not made the necessary changes, we urge you to do so right away to avoid a disruption of your service!
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        Last edited by janworx; 09-15-2015, 07:24 PM. Reason: clarify wording of notice

Comment

Originally posted by jjones View Post
          We already have the IPN script and listener url setup for you, just go to the easycart admin -> payment information panel where you setup paypal to begin with, and read the instructions. There is a url there specific to your site, just copy and paste that url into paypal's IPN listener setup on their website and it will talk to it.
          Jjones,
          I did read the instruction, copy & paste the URL in my EasyCart (Admin - Store Setup - Payment Setup - Third Party - Paypal Standard) to my Paypal IPN block. I have been constantly receive this email as attached. How to fix this?

Thank you!
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by linortek View Post

Jjones,
            I did read the instruction, copy & paste the URL in my EasyCart (Admin - Store Setup - Payment Setup - Third Party - Paypal Standard) to my Paypal IPN block. I have been constantly receive this email as attached. How to fix this?

Thank you!
            AUG 2015: Did nobody reply to this. A customer after many trouble free months suddenly starts to get the exact same email as 'lintortek' (photo 1). No problem with payments though. Why?
            the URL http://[domain].nz/wp-content/plugins/wp-easycart/inc/scripts/paypal_payment_complete.php exisits and is inserted into PayPal so they shouldn't be receiving any email as above.

Comment

I this kind of situations I always call the support.

Comment

I just started having this same problem. I've checked all the settings at PayPal and they are good. Everything seems fine on my website. Could this be a file permission problem on my server?

Comment

I receive too many emails from Paypal sometimes and it irritates me.

Outsource your call center services to India to Octopus Tech, an emerging name among call centers in India. Cost effective & high-quality solutions.

Comment

Working...
                  X