Shipping problem: Shipping Rate Setup ERROR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping problem: Shipping Rate Setup ERROR

I have a few customers complaining that when they tried to place an order, and select a shipping method, they received an error message like this: "Shipping Rate Setup ERROR: Please visit the EasyCart Admin -> Store Admin -> Rates and add at least one shipping method." I have setup the shipping rates as your manual and tested without problem (you can see my shipping rates setting from my attached screenshot." Please advise me why this error happened? Thanks!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

This could be that you are using shipping zones on those rates... shipping zones are really a post address filter. So think of them as after the user enters their shipping address, it will find a match to a zone, and show it. BUT, if the user's country does not fit into a zone, then it should still have something to show... so you need some shipping selections IF there is no match to a zone. We call them default rates, like what a user would see just looking at their cart.

without a default rate somewhere (no zone set), then the user would view the cart and no shipping rate would be found because there could be a missed country or combination of zones.

proper way to use zones:

1. Setup default shipping rates (no zones applied)
    2. Setup zones AND cover every single country if possible.

Comment

jjones, Thank you for the advise.

Comment

Working...
      X