Currency conversion via exchange rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currency conversion via exchange rate

I have used WPEasyCart for a while on various sites.

I have just been given a contract for a new site, however the Sales catalogue is in Euro's and the site will be based in the UK, hence converting to GBP. Is there anyway of setting up products in the Euro and then giving the end user an option to display the products in GBP. Also, is there an option to do the conversion via a live exchange rate, so the GBP figure changes daily?

Failing that, I'll have to convert everything to GBP and check the exchange rate frequently, which seems a pain in the backside!

Cheers

Hello:

So there is no conversion needed if it's all in GBP... just setup your payment gateway to run in GBP and it will go through as such. In our settings -> initial setup, we do have currency design, and this is just for looks, but lets you add euros or GBP signs, or whatever you like for currency display, but the payment gateway establishes what currency you process in. Stripe for example you would process in euros, you would design the look in euros, and then I believe if they deposit to your account, they would do so in GBP for you and the conversion would happen there, but you could check with your payment gateway exactly...

Comment

That's the problem the prices aren't it GBP. The supplier is a German company and as such the pricing is all in EUROS. I need too convert this to GBP for my UK client as he is selling within the UK, but for the price to change accordingly as per the daily exchange rate. If I were to create the products with EURO pricing, how does the software convert these prices to GBP with your software? I assume it must use an exchange rate somewhere?

Comment

We offer a way to have an exchange rate entered in the settings -> initial setup section. The exchange rate does not call to a live API rate, so if you feel the exchange rate changes all the time, you would want to update this exchange rate frequently.

The processing at the time of checkout is always done at that time via your payment gateway, so could prices be different compared to exact conversion rates...

Comment

Working...
        X