Testing Stripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Stripe

I've set up Stripe with the test API key. Tried to test the purchase process by using the test credit card number 4242 4242 4242 4242 but got the error message: "Please enter a valid credit card number." Our Stripe account is still set to "test" mode...does it need to be made "live" first? Or is there something else I need to do in order to test the purchase process? Here is the url for our shop: http://macarontart.com/store/??? Thanks!

So if you use the test API key for stripe, then you have to switch the small switch at the top of the stripe.com account to 'test'. IF you use the live api key, then you need to set that switch to live mode... they just need to line up with what you have entered, then it should process test transactions...

Comment

Thank you for your response. The Stripe account is in test mode and I used the test API key. Our Stripe account has not been "activated" yet. Does that need to be done before testing will work when everything is set to test mode?

Comment

well, I'm sure the stripe account does need to be active... it should be in order to work. Also, is this the regular api key, or the secret key you are using?

Comment

Actually, I tested Stripe with ithemes exchange and the account was not activated. Regarding the key, I'm using the secret test key.

Comment

Working...
          X