No announcement yet.

Inventory control and One-Off products.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventory control and One-Off products.

I'm working on a site for a client who produces one off products.
    When an item is sold, the description and image is changed to show another similar product.

So - the quantity shown for each item is always 1
    I have a couple of questions:

1. When an item is sold, it is still shown in the store, but cannot be purchased.
    Is it possible to remove the item from display when a sale is made?

2. If a sale does not go ahead due to non payment, it is possible to just void or cancel the order and then automatically have the item display in the store again?
    (ie go back to the state before the purchase was made? Would probably just involve changing the quantity back to 1, so that it becomes visible in the store again? )
    Thanks,
    Eric G.

On the "manage products" page, the 6th column over is "Products Listed". If you uncheck the item it will not be displayed in the store. Or, alternatively, you can adjust the item quantity to zero so it will show it as "out of stock". Hope this helps!

~ Susan

Comment

Thank you Susan, but I was hoping that this could happen automatically as it does with other carts.
      Having to go in and do this manually for every sale is a PITA.

regards,
      Eric G.

Comment

Susan is right, the quantity tracking dropping to 0 means it will show out of stock, but they still show to users. we also have a backorder system so it can be backordered when it drops to zero, but we don't remove it, we let you do it as the store owner...

Comment

Working...
        X