Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing CSV with categories

Hi,

I have downloaded the example CSV and have successfully uploaded my products with pictures appearing. My problem is that I see nothing in the example CSV where the categories for each product is listed. So, when I do upload the CSV thousands of products are just bunched together.

I did watch the WP Easy Cart video and it did not mention anything about categories.

I have had a few shopping carts programs in the past that allow CSV with category listings. I know it is possible, I have been doing it since I bought shop-script.com in 2005, what am I missing? I can't see manually editing thousands of products...

I figured it out.

In the Administration area go to "Manage Store Menu" I added "Rock Shop" the menu id created was 36. I created a few more upper level menu's
    I then went to my CSV found my upper categories and labeled it
    menulevel1_id_1
    I then proceeded to hit the edit button on my CSV and select find and "replaced and replaced" "Rock Shop" with 36 and then replaced the rest of the upper level menus with their new id #'s

Then I created sub menu's doing the same thing under
    menulevel1_id_2
    Then I worked on the manufacturers by adding them finding their new # and doing the same thing under
    manufacturer_id

Comment

So yes, the menu ID's work, they are not categories, but menus, but still a way to group products within the CSV file and they require the menu ID # as you have found out in this mutli-relational database structure...

Comment

I had to uninstall WordPress and reinstall. I have WPEasyCart loaded and it knows that I have a license. I am not sure why I can not upload the demo prodructs or my products. Either way I get this message after I try to "View Product on Website"

Unable to find URL

We currently could not find the proper URL path to your store page in WordPress.

Please be sure you have the plugin installed and the store page is visible from a valid URL and that all store settings are configured properly within the WordPress admin console.

Comment

So be sure that you go to easycart admin -> store setup and you have to attach the 3 pages (store, cart, account) to 3 wordpress pages that have the store, cart, account shortcode on them. Each should just have [ec_store], [ec_cart], and [ec_account] on them and that is it for those 3 pages... but this has to be linked up on our basic setup page as well... sounds like what the issue may be.

Also, jump over to wordpress settings -> permalinks, make sure you have /postname/ method selected.

Comment

I'd like to add categories (that I've already created) in Excel and import them (rather than add all thru online interface which is slower) but my menulevel1_id_1 only has zeros, even though I have placed some products into categories. Is the cat_id stored somewhere else that I am not seeing?

Comment

Category ID's is something we are going to look at adding... We did add advanced option sets to the export and import process of products, but categories is something we do not have yet at this time...

Comment

Working...
              X