Preferred Payment method of card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preferred Payment method of card

We have 2 payment methods, Paypal and Stripe. Has anybody implemented a way to guide customers to the card payment (Stripe in our case) option as opposed to PayPal.
    The reason is Stripe charges considerably less per transaction than PayPal does. I know we cannot stop the PayPal completely as quite a few people only trust this form of payment.
    Any ideas people?

One thing you can setup in our settings -> checkout is to setup teh default payment method to be credit card instead of third party payment... this way it's defaulted to the stripe, instead of paypal? might help.

Comment

Originally posted by jjones View Post
      One thing you can setup in our settings -> checkout is to setup teh default payment method to be credit card instead of third party payment... this way it's defaulted to the stripe, instead of paypal? might help.
      That option is already set so it looks like customers are switching to paypal in the payment screen. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Tonyjustlasered - mine was doing the same thing, and so I went into Settings>Language Editor>Cart and changed the text on the top Checkout button itself. Now it says: Checkout using Stripe or PayPal. That way, they don't click on the credit card image beneath the PayPal, which automatically takes them to PayPal itself, rather than giving them the option of using Stripe. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by janworx View Post
          Tonyjustlasered - mine was doing the same thing, and so I went into Settings>Language Editor>Cart and changed the text on the top Checkout button itself. Now it says: Checkout using Stripe or PayPal. That way, they don't click on the credit card image beneath the PayPal, which automatically takes them to PayPal itself, rather than giving them the option of using Stripe. Hope this helps.
          We have the card images display disabled on the Cart screen that has the "Checkout" and "Continue Shopping" buttons. We mean the final checkout/submit payment screen where the credit card number, expiry date and CVC are required and is our default radio button, this is where the customer can switch to "Pay using PayPal". I have just changed the text "Pay by Credit Card" to "Pay by Credit/Debit Card with Stripe (Preferred and Secure)" in Settings>Language Editor>Cart - Payment Information>Cart, Payment Information, Credit Card Payment Label:
          We will see if this helps us to get customer NOT to switch the radio button to "Pay Using PayPal".

Comment

Working...
          X